Well Hello blog world,
It's been a while. I figured since I am now living away from family that I would pick back up on the blogging things again.
So we moved. It has been really nice here. We have some great neighbors. The weather is awesome. when I go to take the boys to school in the morning and it is barely 70 degrees the boys complain that it is sooo cold. They have no idea...
We have been VERY busy trying to make this house OUR home. You know me I love to decorate so it's been killing me to do something. The first morning we were here I started taking off the HORRIBLE wall paper in the kitchen. My lovely husband came to help.
We worked really hard to get off the 3 layers of wall paper, some probably dated back to the 70's I'm sure!! We also scrapped of the popcorn ceiling, they are throughout the house, huge ugh!!! After load of dust and much frustartion we have a beautiful dining room. We will be refinishing our cabinets sometime but for now they will be just fine. Oh and Corey also built me that beautiful table!!
Here is a closer look at the table. I love it!! We could fit 8 maybe 10 people around it if we needed to. Plus while we were waiting for this table to be completed I bought a card table with 4 chairs so we are well equipped to have company... anyone want to come visit??
So I guess we are loving this new house minus all the things we need to do to it. I am in heaven with the space we have but hate all the spiders it comes with. We have wolf spiders galore. If I didn't have 4 boys and wasn't used to spiders I would probably be more bothered by them. For now I just step on them of squash them with my broom, I sweep alot!! The other day as the boys and I were racking up leaves we saw one about the size of a ping pong ball. It was the biggest one I have seen yet. Kinda looked like a small tarantula. I just squashed it and the boys told me I should have caught it. I'm better at squashing them then catching them. One bit Charlie the other day on the arm and it looked like he had 2 elbows it was so huge!! This was right after he was just getting over having hand foot and mouth disease. The poor kid hasn't had the best of luck.
The older boys are in their new school. It's all day kinder and it is ALL day. The first day they were in school I didn't know what to do with myself. But now 3:00 comes so fast. They are doing pretty well. Dallin is getting used to the class so he has been showing his true colors and lets just say he had to pick up a barrel full of rocks yesterday to see if he knew had to follow directions. While he was doing that Bryant forgot how to listen and had to pick weeds in the backyard to see if he could follow directions also. Two birds with one stone!! We sure love our boys. They always ask me why I am so mean and why they have to do all the hard stuff. I tell them it builds character and character it something great to have!!
Dallin is big and trying to throw the guilt trip at us right now. He always says... that's just not fair. Why do you get to stay up... why do you get to eat that... why this or that... you always get to do what you want it's no fair. If he only knew what I wanted. I love that kid. I sure hope he grows up and gets a son just like him. I better start taking better notes so I can help his wife out someday. But really I do love that kid a lot!!
Asher is a sweet boy. I feel so bad for him. It sometimes seems like he is the forgotten child. He's not the baby and the older two are so close in age they are almost twins. He's been missing his family back home in AZ a lot and asks to see them often. I need to get him out more so he can meet a friend.
Well, I need to get going but I'm sure I will have more to say later...






1 comment:
Man, you guys work so quick. I wish I was able to do as much as you do in one day!
Post a Comment