Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Our trip to Las Vagas!!

Ok so now that Corey is a pilot for Mesa Airlines we are able to fly for free. Wahoo! Corey wanted to try out his free benifits So last Monday, October 8 we decided we would fly to Las Vegas since it had a pretty open flight schedule. We were going to leave at 1:00 pm and return home around 7:00pm the same night. Sounded like fun, right? Well keep reading to find out how much fun we had!!! These are a few pictures of Dallin after we parked our car and were waiting for the Shuttle bus to pick us up and take us to the airport. He looks so excited for his first plane ride.

This is us just about to land in Las Vegas. Don't we look happy? Don't let this picture fool you though, about 5.2 sec's after Corey got the camera put away I was pucking my gutts out. I all of a sudden felt like I was gonna throw up and what do you know, I was right. Luckly in those few seconds Corey was able to grab the sleeping Dallin, get out his barf bag punch it open for me, and then i proceeded to do what I already mentioned. Only the worse part was , either Corey punched a hole in the bag as he was opening it fast or it already had a hole it in cause I had one huge lap full of what I already mentioned above. So I quickly got out my barf bag and placed the holey one inside and we were all good. Except for the fact that I looked like I had just wet my pants. Oh what fun!!!







This is Dallin and daddy looking out the huge glass window at all the planes. We were waiting for our 5:00 flight to get there, however they told us it was about an hour behind schedule, So we thought no problem we don't have plans, this is a great FHE on a monday night in the Las Vegas airport. Then it finally arrived and we were so excited to get home, and the even better news came over the intercom. "Flight 605 to Phoenix AZ is now cancelled please proceed to the Y room to make other arrangments." Luckly for us we didn't pay for our tickets so we weren't to upset. All we did was get out Corey's handy little lap top and book another flight for later that night. Unfortuunately the only one we could get on was a flight that left at 11:00pm that night. So we had arrived at Las Vagas airport around 2:45 or so and we would be stuck there until 11:00pm. I felt like Tom Haks in that movie the Terminal!! Trapped!!!! Stuck!!! So we walked around and around in the small terminal for what seemed for ever! We did however get a free sample of some VERY good chocolate from the chocolate store! I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing though cause after I had one piece i wanted about 20 more!! But of course that would cost me an arm and a leg so I sadly left the chocolate store with nothing but my free sample and a empty tummy.





Here we are waiting for our next flight at the oh so expensive Burger King in the airport. We tried to get a shuttle to take us to the Las Vegas Strip so we might get something to eat at a much cheaper place but they wouldn't take us unless we were staying at a hotel on the strip. I was pretty frustrated at this point cause it was supposed to be a quick flight there and home but it wasn't at all. I was tried and hungry and all I wanted was some place to rest my feet and eat. So we broke down and ate here. We figured we would spend a little less this way than renting a car and going somewhere cheaper. We stayed at the table for quite a while and played cards and refilled our cup about 6 or 7 times. We got really bored and started seeing how long Dallin would put up with us putting things on his head. He is such a good sport. He didn't even try to take them off. The fruit snack wrapper actually stuck to his head and he left it on for a really long time. We got a pretty good laugh out of this.







Well after dinner we went and sat at the gate that we were supposed to be at for departure. And there was a little dog that Dallin just loved. So that was pretty entertaining for all of us there. However the little dog became very protective of Dallin and wouldn't let anyone near him so we don't have any pictures of that. We did finally get on our flight to go home. However, according to Corey, the first officer made a mistake with the weight and balance and they had already got all lined up on the taxi way to take off and had to stop and count the passengers several times and then we sat, and sat, and sat for a very long time. Corey said that he thought they were trying to burn fuel so that we would have the right weight and balance, which didn't sound like a good idea to me. I don't want the plane to not have enough fuel for us but he said that it is prefectly fine to do that. Anyways, we finally arrived home around 1:30am. Remember...we were supposed to get home around 7:00pm the night before. But we had fun and I didn't throw up on the way home, which I was very happy about!!

No comments: