Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The day has come!

We found out when Corey will no longer be a aprt of our family as we know it. And the dreadful day is Dec. 13th. He will be doing his sim training in Ohio and will be there until AT LEAST Dec. 28th. This means he will not be home for Christmas. How sad for us!! Especially Corey since he will be stuck in a hotel by himself, all alone on Christmas. I really wish he could be here for DAllin's first Christmas, but I guess it comes with the territory. Being a pilot isn't the most glamerous job. You got to really love flying to put up with not being home to see your family. We also found out that Corey is not eligible for time off yet and will not be able to be here for the birth of his second son. Sad Day!!! He can however talk to his supervisor and take a personal leave but on a pilot's salarey that isn't going to happen for us. Oh well, lucky for me I have a wonderful family that will be there for me!. I don't think I could do it completely alone so it is nice to now that my wonderful sister will be there cheering me on. I just wish that Corey could be there to stay with me in the hospital the few days after having the baby. I guess I need to get used to doing things alone. Ok I guess I'll stop this pitty party now, I'm just a little emotional finding all this out and had to tell everyone.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm sorry, that is definitly going to be hard. Just remember to take lots of pictures and video tape the birth before & after so Corey does not miss a thing- have him on the phone right when your boy is delivered so Corey can here everything and you can talk to him.

Your family will be there for you.
Love you Girl!!

Meghan and Randy said...

Aww how sad!! I'm so sorry, Kari! We all love you! It's a good idea, what Jen said!