Monday, March 21, 2011

Lady Bug Dress and Project Overhaul

I made this cute little dress for my neighbor's daughter who turns 1 this week.
However after making it and seeing all my MANY flaws on it I think I might put it in storage for the daughter I may never have and try to make another, better one, with less flaws for my neighbor. I made my own pattern for this dress so it was a bit tricky and dont tell Corey this next part, but when I, ummm... tried it on Asher, shhhh, it didn't fit very well around the chest which I think I solved the problem with buttons and loops in the back but still I think the more dresses I make from this pattren the better they'll get.
It's pretty cute none the less and IF I had a daughter she would totally wear it.
I even made these cute little flowers to put on the dress.

PROJECT OVERHAUL
We are in the process of remodeling our kitchen.
It's starting to drive me crazy not having a kitchen.
I have done a lot of work on it, and have suffered a few battle wounds in the process.
While taking out a wall I sliced my hand open with a pry-bar and then when I was taking out the soffet(?) I think I got friberglass in my eye and I'm afraid it will never be the same. Friday morning I woke up and it was swollen and I've had pink eye before and that is not what it was. My eye hurt for 3 days straight and it's not better still but doesn't hurt as bad but it still doesn't look normal either. I hope it goes back to normal eventually because right now one eye is bigger than the other and I look kinda funny. Anyways, I'll be happy when its all done and I have a beautiful kitchen!!!
Pictures of our little helpers.




3 comments:

Jen said...

The kitchen is the trickiest thing to remodel because i swear every family lives in the kitchen.
Good luck & I can't wait to see it all done.

Love the dress too. the lady bigs are adorable and love the flowers :)

mom of fab five said...

Oh Kari i feel your pain--kitchen remodels are the worst-especially with little ones. Hang in there--you will totally love it when it is done but curse until it is--that's just the way it

P.S. you amaze me--kitchen remodel and dress designer all in the same week? When do you find the time?

Jennie said...

YIKES, sorry about your eye! I can't wait to see your kitchen!!