a blessing. A gift. Something that I do not take for granted. I love my children. I take this very special job seriously! So seriously that some days I feel overwhelmed with the job entrusted to me by my Heavenly Father. Today is one of those days. I am scared I'm not doing the job well enough. Will my kids always know I love them? Will I teach them to make good choices? Will they make good choices? Will they be happy and will they treat others kindly?
I worry to much about all the things I need to do it feel suffocating sometimes. I do know that I am trying my hardest to do things right. No I don't always get it right, but I am trying. It is a tough job to raise children. To be a FULL time mom is probably the best job on this earth. Sheri Dew wrote, "Nothing. No diplomat or CEO or billionaire philanthropist does anything that comes anywhere close in importance to what a mother does. No trophy or status or honor of man begins to compare with motherhood in terms of its eternal impact and glory. Period." I love this because that is how I feel most times. The job I am doing has more importance than that of anything else I could be doing. Those that belittle motherhood or feel it is not a real job don't really understand what it is to be a real mother.
Today I woke up and said my prayers and specifically prayed to know how to do this job right. There is no training, no guide book on how to deal with a specific child and I was just feeling the need for extra help from a loving Heavenly Father that I know wants me to do it right.
After I thought for a while I realized I had lots of sources to help me in raising my children righteously. First the scriptures and the wonderful example set by the selfless Jesus Christ. Also the example of his Father, our Heavenly Father. He sent me here to earth to be cared for and loved by my wonderful parents that taught me so much about being a hard worker and most important loving and charitable.
I know I can do this job!!






No comments:
Post a Comment