We have 12 days left until we move. I ordered boxes a week ago and still haven't gotten them. I'm not too stressed about that cause like I said we still have 12 days. But the thing that is really bothering me is the lack of food that we have. If any of you knows me you know how horrible I am at shopping for food. I decided a while ago that we were only going to eat what we had at our house until we left so that we wouldn't have to pack up a lot of food and give a lot away or throw it away. That lasted a little while til we had NO meat left in the house. Now we could have gone vegetarian but we had no veggies either. We were down to a few cans of tomato paste and roman noodle. And a few other weird things. So we went and bought a few things and now we are out again. I'm telling you I'm horrible at shopping!! My wonderful sisters-in-law gave me great cook books and I really want to use them I'm just afraid of having a ton of food left over when we leave. So I guess what I'm going to do is sit down and figure out how many dinners I can make with a bag of chicken and go and just get what I need. I know it sounds silly but this is what stresses me out, not the fact that I'm leaving in 12 days and it doesn't even look like it in my house.
P.S. I am not the biggest chicken fan either, don't like the taste or smell of it, this is gonna be a long 12 days!!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
So here is how I feel...
Posted by
Kari Whiting
at
12:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Yeah, that drove me crazy too, knowing that we had to shop to buy food, but didn't want to buy a whole new bottle of ketchup for just a week, etc. Good luck!
If you don't want to do chicken, don't! Use ground turkey or beef.
OR you could always buy the complete boxed meals or freezer meals. Not as tasty or inexpensive as cooking from scratch, but at least you can gadge how many meals you can get from them better without having to buy additional ingredients!
What I would do is do simple meals.
Do mac & cheese and a veggie, or burritos with just beans & cheese,really really easy stuff that you only need 2 or 3 iteams to make. Just an idea.
I can't believe you are leaving in 12 days! AGG!
P.S. How was Dallin's birthday.
Ha ha.
How about canned soup & grilled chz.
or steamed rice and bagged stir-fry.
Good luck:)
Post a Comment