Well I woke up this morning excited to fix the leak in our hall bathroom.
I was fed up with the constant sound of running water and the once ok drip that turned into a pretty descent stream of water. I texted Corey last night knowing he was asleep not wanting to really wake him and told him I was done with the leak and wanted it fixed. It wasn't that it was just an annoying sound, cause I often am ok with listening to annoying sounds! It was mostly that that sound, sounded to me like money going down the drain, it was very hard to listen to and it got the best of me this morning!! I woke up this morning to a text from my loving and very "confident in me" husband saying that he thought it sounded like a good project for me to work on today. I took him seriously and felt more inspired to fixed than before. I texted him and asked where I should start looking. I was ready to tear out the wall, do what ever it took to fix this horrible money sucking problem! Well I think there used to be a leak before we bought the house cause there is a vent over in the hall right where the tub is, so I started by taking that off. I was happy to not see the interior of the wall filled with water, to be honest I was a little worried about that. Well since I didn't see water and I couldn't really get to the problem from this hole I decided to go into the bathroom to take apart the tub parts (not sure what they are really called). After struggling with that for a while I checked on the boys to find them putting the milk from their cups in the open hole into the wall. So no water in there only yucky milk!! Great, I went back into the bathroom to continue my quest to fix the leak and realized it might be smart to turn off the water. So outside I went to turn the water off. Good got that done, back inside, worked on the tub a bit more, turned around and found Dallin pouring out the shampoo all over the floor. After some bad discipline by mommy, and me feeling kinda, well really guilty that I handled it terribly we hugged for quite a while. Feeling that he had learned his lesson I went to get my phone to call my wonderful husband, the one that had so much confidence in me, and told him of my attempt and my complete wates of time! He told me he was only kidding about me doing that today but that he was proud of me for trying. At this point I thought, "hum the boys are being really quiet and that isn't a good sign" so I went to check on them only to find that they had taken the conditioner bottle this time and dumped it out all over the bathroom floor! Ahhh!!! I was so mad, but I handled this one a lot better, both boys went in their room for quite a while. I went outside to try and turn on the water and it wouldn't budge! Not a single inch. I called Corey again, crying this time that now I couldn't turn the water back on, I hadn't fixed a dang thing and I now have a huge mess to clean up. He suggested that I take his wrench, the one with the orange handles, out and try and turn the water back on. I listened and tried. I tried really hard. SO hard that while I was trying the orange handled wrench slipped off the nob and hit me smack dab in the middle of my forehead REALLY hard. I continued on despite the bounding headache I had and finally got it to budge. It clicked a few time and turned really easily but no water still. I turned and turned and turned it and still now water. So AGAIN I called Corey and told him of my headache and how the nob turns but we have no water. He said I probably stripped it and so that means no water. So what have I accomplished this morning...
Sour milk in my wall
No handles on the tub
shampoo and conditioner all over my bathroom
no water
bump and bruise on my head
guilty parenting skills
messes all over my house from neglecting my children
and absolutely nothing fixed!!
My sister in law, great lady that she is called a plummer for me since I was to emotional to do it myself. So hopefully I will at least have some water by this afternoon. I desperately need a shower!!!






6 comments:
Oh dear. I'm so sorry Kari!
I hate it when we are in the mood to do something and everything goes wrong.
I hope it's not too expensive to fix:(
Oh honey you poor thing I am sooooo sorry~ It always happens that way, when it rains it pours but it will get better, I know it will.
I've been having the same type of days recently. It's tough, it's fixable and it gets better. I love you.
I feel like this is the story of my life! That's why I don't even try anymore. Sad but true. I give you props for just keeping on trying. Good for you!
oh man Kari! That's aweful! I know just how you feel because we have days like that too. Kaylie dumped an entire NEW bottle of liquid lanudry detergent on the laundry room floor. Oh and another time she dumped a whole gallon of milk and cracked 2 dozen eggs on the carpet. She can do stuff like that in the time it takes me to get Ethan up from his nap! Yikes!
Okay that post from Gina was actually from me (Becky). Apparently my MIL signed me out and signed herself in while she was visiting. lol
Post a Comment