Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Yummy Grill'N

For our anniversary my parents bought us a grill. They are so awesome. So on our anniversary yesterday we grilled some bbq chicken!! And boy did the boys LOVE it!!!
Dallin had about 2 and a half drumsticks, and he ate them to-the-bone!!!
What a good kid! I was so proud of him!!!
Bryant enjoyed them too!
They both ate so well I was very impressed!!!
I also made rice pilaf. It was really good. It was just rice, with sauteed onions and garlic cooked in chicken broth, with a little salt and pepper. Very flavorful! The boys loved that to. I am a vegetarian right now so I enjoyed a couple scoops of rice and that's about all I can handle. But it was a great dinner and I loved not heating up the kitchen! I also loved having my hubby home to cook for. Let me tell you it makes it so much more enjoyable to have a husband home to cook for! And the boys seem to like their food better when he's home. We also started the boys on some chores last night. After dinner was over we all got together and loaded the dishwasher. The boys did the plates and silverware and I must say they did a pretty good job and many hands make very light work. I had such a great day yesterday with my cute little family and I'm so glad to have such a wonderful husband that loves and treats me well! Thanks hunny for an awesome first 4 years! I look forward to eternity with you and our awesome family!!!


4 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are telling people now. Congrats again & I'm routing for a girl for ya:)

Happy Anniversary!!!
You can't get much better than a grill for a gift- That's awesome!
What a yummy dinner. I lived off rice-a-roni for almost my entire 1st trimester:)

Jennie said...

Happy Anniversary! What an awesome gift! I want a gas grill. :)

Cute pics of the boys chowing down. Are you still feeling queasy then?

Molly said...

I hope you have a girlie too! Fun fun! Lucky...I want a grill! Maybe a house first though...

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Grills are amazing! Its so fast and not much clean up!