Ok, so today I had to take some papers down to the DES department for our MA. Now let me just say that I would love to not have to have help from the DES AT ALL!!! and if there was a way for me to make an extra $2,000 in the next 6 months believe I would do it!! (If anyone has any ideas let me know, I'm interested) But all I had to do was drop off a small stack of papers, most of which I had already turned in. I go up to the counter and tell the lady I have a question. She ignores me for a while and then I said "Excuse me..." and she looks at me and says, "Yes, what's your question?" So she obviously heard me the first time and didn't bother to give me any respect. I asked her if they had a drop box for my paper work and she said "No, you'll have to wait." So I went to take a number no number... Then she gets on her little intercom and says "There shouldn't be a line here, if you have something to drop off sign the paper and have a seat." No where in the office does it say that anywhere! So I can understand why there was a line, people wanting to be helped but getting ignored, and no sign telling them what to do. So I signed the paper and took a seat with my two boys, oh what fun. They did pretty well for the first 10 min. or so. Then Dallin start running around and then he ran out the door. Not an easy task running after 2 boys running in opposite directions. So I grabbed Dallin and held on to him for a while then he took a liking to the drinking fountain. After a while of playing in that I was tired of lifting him to get a drink and pleaded with him to come have a seat by me. "No can do mom, This drinking fountain is way to much fun." So I sat near by while he continued to play. Some lady felt bad for him and lifted him up to get a drink, after which he politely told her thanks. She came up to me later and told me how polite he was. I was glad she left the building shortly there after because she would have witnessed how not polite he can be. He ran out the door again. I caught him and made him sit on my lap the rest of the time. Now we had been there an hour now waiting to "drop off our papers". So for the next 10 min.s he scream pretty loud while he struggled to get out of my arms. I kept telling him he had lost that privilege and that he was gonna have to sit there. Oh and I also had Bryant on my lap, he'd been pretty good the whole time but started to get a little daring so I made him sit there also. Dallin kicked his shoe off and some lady brought it back to me and asked if a piece of gum would help. I told her thanks but probably not. That;s when Dallin really started to scream so I covered his mouth and told him I would let go if he stopped screaming. I let go and to my surprise he was quite for the next 3-4 min's we waited until they finally called my name! Hurray!!! So now what do I do with the kids? I told them to stand by mommy but I almost laughed at myself when I said that because I know my kids and of course they aren't going to stay by me. They have about as much respect for me as that dumb lady I talked to first does. So... like I assumed they both ran, wonderful. I got out my papers handed them to the guy and watched where my kids had ran off to. Dallin went over to the nice lady that put up with my kids screaming right next to us a minute earlier, and Bryant ran to the drinking fountain, but I couldn't see him. The guy walked off with my papers. The nice lady that offered me a piece of gum told me that she had sent her daughter over to watch Bryant by the drinking fountain for me and I could see Dallin and to not worry. I thought how nice it was that these 3 women saw me in time of need and were so kind to help me. I wondered though if they would run out the door after my kids? No I would definitely leave the stink'n papers to catch my sons. Anyways, this novel is almost over. The guy came back and asked if I had the original birth certificates and passport with me because without the original I couldn't have them certified. It took me so much time to make those stink'n copies and they weren't even worth anything to them. So now I have to go back down there to turn in the original copies of the papers. Oh how wonderful! Maybe next time I'll get a babysitter!!! I would have today but I thought there'd be a drop box, arg!!!!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Welcome to the world of DES. I TOTALLY know what you're going through. So not fun. And they treat you like dirt. But, after it's all done, at least you have insurance...and that's worth it. But it is such a hassle. Sorry Kari! I'm glad you had some kind people to help you out a little.
you failed to mention how disgusting those offices are...I was afraid to sit down for fear of catching something---if anyone wants to see the efficancy that government agency are run in all they need to do is go to DES--they are rude and don't care about anyone and the time spent waiting--I feel your pain and have been there myself--good luck next time i say bring rope to tie them up--LOL ok maybe not but i have babysitters at my house--swing by and drop them off--it makes the miserable experience a tad more pleasant--
I hate dealing w/ DES!
And that totally stinks that you have to go back again.
Bummer:(
I'm so sorry! It is so frustrating trying to keep kids under control in places like that! Especially at our boys ages!!
So I was just catching up on your blog. Congrats on the pregnancy! I really hope you get a girl! And I am so sorry for your experience yesterday! Just a day in the life, huh?!
Oh man Kari! I know EXACTLY how you feel! I had terrible experiences at the DES in AZ and NM with the people being rude. Here in CLT the workers and really nice and helpful BUT you have to wait for literally 4 hours. I waited there with Ethan last year while Allen was in the hospital with Kaylie. Why is it our husbands never have to deal with that? Every time we have moved I have told Allen it's his turn to deal with it but it always ends up being me! lol So frustrating. Plus you feel bad enough just getting government aid as it is!
Post a Comment