Monday, October 5, 2009

Getting Down and Dirty

This past weekend I decided to practice my independence and do a few of the more manly things around the house.
First I mowed the lawn at my parents house, they were out of town and I wanted to surprise them. Plus I was very bored since they were gone, I spend a lot of time with them and since they were gone I didn't really have a whole lot to do.
Then I helped my bro-in-law, who just bought a house, paint several of the rooms in his new house. It was lots of fun and I moved fast so that I could get to the next color. I am such a weirdo when it comes to painting, I love seeing the new color go up on the walls. Then on Sunday night I drove back over to my parents to clean their house as a surprise, I thought they were getting home Monday night and was actually planning on cleaning Monday morning but got a call from them that they were coming home a day early so I jumped in the car at 9pm to go clean, I really wanted to do it!!! So I pulled out of our drive way and the car felt really funny and after I turned the corner I realized something wasn't right! I pulled over and took a look. My tire was completely flat!!! I called Corey who came and changed it to the spare while I drove on to my parents house. The next day I decided that I need to how to change a tire on my car. Now I have done it before and have seen it done several times but I haven't done it for a long , long time and was worried that if this happened again without Corey being home and no one to help me I would like to know that I could do it, even being pregnant. SO today I had Corey talk me through it while I changed the tire all by myself.
So I have had a pretty eventful weekend and I must say I am pretty proud of myself for getting so many things done!!!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you are wondering why you are so tired tonight! Silly girl. Better take it easy. I really appreciate all you did around our house. You're an awesome daughter!
Love you!

Carolyn said...

Now I have one more person to call if I need a tire change right? But, I won't call while you're pregnant.:) No, that's really great--I really admire that about you Kari--I will make a point to have Jack teach me that as well-or I at least won't complain next time he tries--see what a great influence you are on me!

Leticia Clarkson said...

Good job Kari! That's had work in and of itself. I can't imagine being prego and doing it as well.

Jen said...

Way to go- You make us Women proud:)

Jennie said...

We had a FHE one night about changing the tire. Trevor showed me first, then I did it without his help the second time. It was a good preparedness FHE!

I can't wait to see pics of Jacob's finished house!

Becky Darlington said...

Wow Kari you are one crazy pregnant lady! I sit on my fat butt and eat when I'm preggers. lol