A tribute to our loving Dog Max...
This is the last photo taken of our sweet dog Max.
Today we had to say good bye to our friend, Max the dog.
We were very sad to have to put him down but it was for the best.
It started last Saturday when he wouldn't eat or drink and had the worst diarrhea. Sunday morning we discovered that he had thrown up all over his kennel and all day Sunday he still wouldn't eat or drink. We even tried giving him hot dogs, one of his favorites and he wouldn't eat it. So last night we started doing some research and figured out that our poor dog Max was suffering for a major dog killing disease, Parvo. I was so upset and in tears for the longest time. All sorts of thoughts going through my head. We killed him, we never completed his parvo vaccines, he could of had a better life with another family, we're so selfish for adopting a cute puppy when we really couldn't afford one. I was just so mad at myself and feeling horrible that he was suffering. So today, we took him to be put down so he wouldn't have to suffer any longer. I cried as the lady took his weak body away, and get a little upset to think of it still. He was a great dog. He was kind and loyal and we loved him! We're really going to miss him. The boys keep asking where Max is and it's killing me and Dallin kept saying"I love Max!" when we we're in the car today, talk about breaking your heart!!
We're not sure how Max got parvo since he hasn't left our yard or house in sucha long time, the only thing we can thinkof is he may have gotten it from eating a fly.Parvo is extremely contagious and can spread easily.






4 comments:
Oh I have tears in my eye's. I totally need to take our dog Bailey in to update her shots.
I'm so sorry this happened:(
Parvo usually lives in the soil. So, if he ate anything off the ground anywhere, he could have got it. I'm so sorry about Max. It is heartbreaking. But like you said, now he won't be suffering.
just wanted to put my 2 cents in too. it can be brought BACK to your house from shoes or other people too. like, if they step in 'it'.. it can still be transfered.
i'm so sorry! :( my neighbor lost 3yes, 3 of her dogs to it. right in a row, and we lucked out and our dog never got it.
Max had really grown since the last time I saw him. I'm sorry I didn't go out and say hi to him the last time I was over to your house. He was a sweet puppy and your family did the best you could for him. I'm sure someday when the time is right there will be a Max II for your family to love. Love you!
Post a Comment