When my husband has days off he tends to get a bit sick.
Not a real "normal" sick but a cabin fever sick.
He feels like he should be doing something great and wonderful on his days off.
I'm all for great and wonderful fun things but I am also all for getting the things done that NEED to get done, like cleaning my house.
He's been telling me how much he wants to go do something for like the last year.
I kept telling him uesterday when he was sitting on the couch looking sad that he wasn't doing anything, "well you know you could always help me clean the house that would be really nice and give you something to do."
He looked at me like I was nuts.
Finally he thought of something he wanted to do.
Go float down the river.
I think that would be fun but not to leave the house at 4pm to go do it and I'm not really thrilled about taking our 3 babies.
SO I kinda put that thought to an end. He told me that there wasn't much we needed to do to go to the river jut throw the life vests and raft in the back of the car.
I said no.
THen he called my dad and asked if we could use his boat to go to the lake.
I was fine with that.
So we headed to Canyon Lake.
I love Canyon lake it is so beautiful and it turned out to be a really nice family trip.
It was a bit cold and me and the boys stayed bundled up under the towels but we all had a great time.
Here are some pictures from our boat trip.
All the boys ready to go
Say cheese
The boys got brave and wanted to go in the lake. I told Bryant it was really cold and he said he liked it cold. THey got on the edge and Corey threw them in. Their faces were priceless. I felt so bad for them I don't think they were expecting it to be that cold. Then Corey who had said he would go in with them wasn't sure if he wantedto go in anymore and I told him he was the meanest person ever and I wished that I was strong enough to push him in right then.
But their faces look like they still enjoyed it.
Finally after much harassing I got Corey to jump in.
Dallin with 2 huge grapes in his cheeks.
We finally got home around 8:30 and we had dinner and went to bed. It was a nice night.
(I did sweep and mop and vacuum before I left, I had to do something responsible!)






3 comments:
What a great family trip :)
I'm glad you guys had a good time. I personally can't stand the boat or going to the lake so I'm glad somebody does.
Love you!
How fun! It's always nice to get out of the house. Especially after you clean, because no one is there to mess it up!
Post a Comment