Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day Weekend and Camping

For Father's Day this year we went camping up in Prescott Valley.
It was s o wonderful. The weather was perfect and we had such a good time with our family.
We headed up Friday afternoon and met my whole family up there and had a blast just hanging out. We roasted marshmellows the first night and stayed up way too late. The next day we had a nice BBQ that my Grandpa and Grandma were able to come to since they live in Prescott.
The next day, Sunday, we packed up and headed out. But not before we stopped on a side road and all the "boys" meaning men/dads got out and all geared up to have a very exciting and fun paint ball war. They played for about an hour while the women and children watched from a safe distance. It was a really good weekend and I'm so glad we were able to spend it together!!!

This is a very cute picture my mother took of almost all of my boys.
Dallin
Bryant
Asher
The boys had so much fun climbing on all of the neat rocks we had right by our campsite.
Building transformer cars with Uncle Eric
Dallin was obsessed with the paint ball masks, he wanted to wear it all weekend everywhere he went. He even wore it to bed the first night.
A funny story about Dallin:
The first night we were there he slept in my parents trailer with them. He woke up in he night and went over to my dad and says:
"Papa, I was dreaming, I had a dream that I was with Jesus."
Then he went back down to his bed and fell asleep.
Then the next day he says to my mom:
"Grammy, I have a problem, I don't listen to my mom. Grammy why is it so had to listen to my mom?"
I love that kid!!!
Asher also loved the mask.
Cousins Asher and Grant
On Saturday the girls went into town and did a little browsing. We all went to a thrift store and bought Prescott Valley shirts of some sort and then we tore them up and made them funky and just had fun. Then we found the perfect hat for my dad. It was a visor that had a wig velcroed (is that how you spell that?) into the top of it to make it look like he has hair. He loved it and wore it all weekend.
Here is my silly shirt.
It said Prescott Valley Chain Gang
Family Picture at Lynx Lake.

1 comment:

Jen said...

We r going camping next week & I'm so excited!!!!

The chain gang shirt is too funny :)