Friday, July 15, 2011

Mexico Get-away!

For our anniversary this year Corey and I headed south to Rocky Point Mexico.
It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!
The wind kicked up quite a bit during the day but that was ok it was wonderful! Corey had a blast body surfing while I sat on the beach and watched. We were planning on snorkeling but the waves were HUGE, so none of that happened. I was WAY bummed, hehe. We did enjoy one another and had a very relaxing time. We ate out watched movies and went swimming a lot!
We stayed at a very nice condo that my dad has connections to. It over looked the ocean, seriously we were right on the beach. It also had 6 or 7 different pools to swim in and because we went on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday no one was there. It was almost like we were the only ones in Rocky Point. We went shopping on Monday and were the only ones in the dirt mall. We went out to dinner Monday night and we were the only ones in the restaurant. It was great!!
My favorite dinning experience while we were there had to be breakfast Monday morning. We went to a little restaurant. It has a huge dome in the middle and if you sit in just the right place under the dome you can hear the table across the room better than you can hear you on table guests. There was a table across the room from us that we could hear loud and clear. Corey and I kept cracking up. We would start to talk about something and the ladies would freak out and say how they could hear something, something besides themselves and the tv's. They couldn't figure it out. Corey and I were answering their questions and giving them advice on things they were talking about. They still couldn't figure it out they thought there were speakers somewhere, then they thought it was coming from under the table it was way too funny. I kept trying to get Corey to go over there an explain it to them but he wouldn't. We did explain it to them by just talking but they didn't listen. It was a hoot!!!
We really enjoyed ourselves and are so grateful for those that helped make this opportunity possible for us!
(Mom and Dad for the condo and watching the kids Tuesday. And Corey's mom for driving down to watch the boys Sunday and Monday, thank you!)


3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad you both had such a wonderful time. These times are so rare and so special when they happen :)

grandview relief society said...

Looks like you two had a great time! I'm so glad. I guess me and Dad should go there one of these days!!!

Leticia Clarkson said...

Congrats on baby #4! I'm excited for you! You know my mom had 4 boys before she had 2 girls! SO, you never know. :) So glad you guys got a nice getaway to Mexico. What fun! Your hair is getting SO long! It looks beautiful! :) Hope you are feeling well!