Lately I have been on the verge of tears.
Pretty much every day, several times a day.
Not really for any reason whats-so-ever, I just start crying.
Well not really crying tears just start flowing.
My grandpa passed away on Monday, those were reasonable tears, tears of happiness that his battle and struggles were over and tears of sadness that I will no longer speak to him and get to hear his amazing stories. That my boys won't have his amazing help with their scouting years. He was a HUGE scout guru!!
We have lots of pictures though that prove he loved the scouting program and I hope my boys will love it just as much as he did. I thought about the time he came to my house to help me do some drywall in my entertainment center. He was so cute and kind to do that when he didn't have to. HE worked so hard and was out of breath pretty much the whole time and I just sat on the couch and watched as he was so happy to serve me. That is just the kind of man he was.
He loved to serve anyone and everyone.
He was so good at show people love no matter what their situation.
He was a great man and he will be missed, we loved him a lot!!
Then there have been days lately with happy tears.
Tears of amazement and ah, with this miracle growing in my belly.
Baby Boy has been moving so much lately and every time I feel such gratitude that he is healthy and well.
I love his little kicks!!! I love that I get to feel them first. I have felt them when I place my hands on my tummy and when I've tried to have Corey feel them he stops, like he wants this to just be for me for now. He is a sweet boy I just know it!!
I'm so grateful that we get to have him in our family.
God is so good to us.
For giving me my grandpa that was such a good example to me and for his kindness and love, and for the miracle and blessing of another baby boy that I get to raise and teach and love.






5 comments:
Kari, I'm so sorry about your Grandpa. What a great legacy he is leaving behind.
I love feeling the baby's first kicks too. How special! You make such cute boys!
Kari I am SO sorry to hear about your Grandpa. We were just talking about him at Bunco last Thursday. I am happy he is no longer in pain, but I am so very sorry for your loss. And cry away sister - you're pregnant and it's been a tough week for you I'm sure. Please let me know if I can do anything. Hugs !
What a great gal you are Kari! THanks for the inspirational post.:)
Love this post. I'm sorry about your Grandpa, it is always hard to lose someone you love, but they never really leave us. Baby kicks are the best and Yes, God is SO good! Love you!
Kari you are amazing, thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Post a Comment