Last week Corey and I decided that we would take our boys on a little adventure. They have been wanting to fly for a while now and since Corey is gone so much as it is I thought it would be fun to fly with him to work and see where he lives and what he does there with the boys. It was exciting...
Once we got to North Carolina we headed to Corey's house there and quickly fell asleep, it was past mid-night. The next day we enjoyed a stroll though the woods, they are everywhere in NC and I had forgotten how beautiful it is there. I was in love with it!!! They weather was sooo nice and it was so fun to be able to get out and enjoy the outdoors!!!
Everything there is so green and beautiful, although the trees are starting to change a little bit.
We found these crazy looking green fruit things. The boys loved them, to play with them not eat them!!
This little guy wanted to walk the whole way holding my hand and I was perfectly ok with that!!!
There was a little slope/ditch and I accidentally took a graceful tumble.
On our way back to the house Dallin found a little black lizard and caught it and wanted to keep it but we refused to let him bring him home, poor thing!!
Later that day we headed over to my dream house... well actually it was our friends new house that they just bought, but it is straight from my dreams!!!
Asher didn't want to go on the boat so he enjoyed watching everyone from the dock.
We dipped our feet in!
The "fish pirates" as Dallin was calling them.
This little guy was so excited to get on the boat he was very upset when I went out without him!!
Mommy and the boys in the boat.
And this is where our story goes a little south... we hadn't thought to much about getting home. But when we did we didn't like what we saw. All the flights home were super full, so we decided that since Corey was no longer going to be working in NC after this month we would take this opportunity to drive his car and all his stuff from his house back to Arizona. That is one thing I will never chose to do again. It was a tiny tiny car and it was not very safe but we made the best of it. We drove straight through with stops only to go pee along side the rode at night and stops to get gas. 30+ hours of non stop driving with 4 little kids is quite insane!!! But considering the conditions they did rather well. I think it was Corey and I that were the fussiest by the end of the trip. I did majority of the driving through the night. I was a bit sad that our night driving had to take place thru the prettier states that we were driving through. To stay awake, which I didn't actually feel tired until I woke up after getting a little bit (2 hours) of sleep. But through the night as I was driving through Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana I would think of things to do. Alabama was pretty boring but it was still the beginning of the night so no need to do many mind games. Through Mississippi I followed what looked like a drunk or very tired semi truck for a while. It was scary but quite entertaining. I kept thinking he was gonna run off the road or worse hit someone I tried to get around him a couple of times but every time I would pass him he would pass right back by me. It wasn't until going through a city that I slowed down to the posted speed limit that he sped right on through and left me in the dust. Then through Louisiana, during the later parts of night into the early morning I pretended that I was chasing alligators. I loved that show Swap People and I saw a couple of dead animals on the side of the road and figured they might as well have been gators so I kept my eye out for any passing gators on my way through Louisiana. Then I finally made it to Texas, the biggest most boring state to drive through. I got there and then Corey woke up and asked if he could drive for a while so he drove for a couple hours then woke me up and said he needed a break. That is when the tired hit me. I had a hard time staying awake. I did the strangest facial stretches and exercises to try and wake my face up and some how it actually worked. Then I watched in my rear view mirror as the sun came up. After that Corey and I took pretty regular turns driving. Somewhere near the end of Texas we stopped to get gas and a bite to eat and noticed that the really weird sound we were hearing was actually our car. Just a fan that wasn't super important so we pressed on and had faith it would be ok. We finally made it out of Texas which seemed to take FOREVER!! And then we were on the home stretch. We made it back to Mesa around 930 and called it a night. It took us a couple days to recover from the drive and Corey is now suffering from shingles from the stress and lack of sleep he got but all is well and we are home, home at last!!
Potty-gas- make PBJ sandwiches lunch break. The boys got out to stretch their legs and played a little Frisbee while they were at it. Dallin is wearing the ear muffs Corey bought to block out all the noise from the kids.
He couldn't resist the water puddle!!






No comments:
Post a Comment