Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Biggest Loser...

A few women in my ward and some of their friends all got together at the beginning of the year to do our own version of "The Biggest Loser". The deal was everyone had to put in $25 and whoever lost the most weight at the end of 6 weeks got the big pot of money. Well, I still have 9 days left and I really want to work extra hard to lose the most weight!! I have lost around 7-10 pounds so far which seems like a lot but I haven't noticed it too much sadly. And I say 7-10 because it depends on which scale I weigh myself on. I sure hope I win the money cause I sure am trying!! I have done very well this whole time on my portion control and cutting out sweets. I have had a few break downs like when it was the boys birthday and I ate cake, and the other day when Corey was at work and I wanted chocolate chip cookies so I made some, BUT I did take a big plate of them to our neighbors and sent Corey to work with a huge bag the next day. Then there was the super bowl, ahhh maybe I haven't been so good. No but really I think I have made a bunch of changes in my eating habits that have helped. I not only want to lose the weight for the money but also my brother-in-law is getting married in March to a great girl, Whitney (love her already), so I would like to shed some weight before that wedding and my sister is getting married in April and I would like to lose the weight for that. Then there is just the feeling of knowing that your not overweight that makes me happy too. I would love to have that body I had back in the day. I know that isn't gonna happen cause babies sure do change you but I can try anyways. So that is what I am trying to do lose weight for money, weddings and for myself!!!
(but let me tell you, today at the mall that chocolate from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory sure smelt good, I had to plug my nose as I walked by)

3 comments:

Jen said...

You Rock!!! Congrats on loosing all that weight.
Keep it up, I know you can win this :)

Jennie said...

It sounds like you've been working so hard! Good job!

When are you guys moving officially?

Carolyn said...

Hey--I think you look pretty darn good for the record so you must be doing something right. When you move here we will have to start doing some walks and stuff--can't wait.:)