Monday, March 2, 2009

Old becomes new...

I wanted to try my hand at recovering furniture. So I bought this really cool old wing back chair for $10 off craigslist. I went to a fabric store and bought some material that I liked and would go good with my color scheme for my new house for $30...
So $40 later I have.....
This beautiful chair.
Now I'm not saying it is perfect because it is not!!! Come on this was my first reupholstering project. But I must say I am well please. I must give my wonderful hubby a lot of credit too, he helped me all along the way, Thanks babe, I'm glad you're so handy in SO many ways;)!!!





9 comments:

Jen said...

I am SO impressed!!!! Good job!

Jennie said...

Way to go! I've always wanted to do that with a wingback chair! I can't wait to see all the other things you have in store for your new place!

Dmcguire25 said...

Yea!!! You live here and now you can come help me!!! LOL I need to do my table chairs they are kid stained! Or at least give me some advice! It looks great!

mom of fab five said...

Wow Kari that looks great!!! Good job--how long did it take you? I am soooo impressed--see you didn't need my help--let me know if you have any other questions on future projects--not that you are not capable of figuring them out on your own--you are so capable!!! It will be great having you in town...

Becky Darlington said...

WOW!!!! I'm super impressed! I haven't attempted re-upholstering yet but now I just might...

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Wow! Great job!

Carolyn said...

Looks great Kari!

Sarah said...

IMPRESSIVE! I love craigs list.. and I love making old things new again... Good for you.. you have skills :)

Sarah said...

PS.. I am jealous you are moving back to AZ!!!!!!