Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Quick Update...

Well for the past month or so I haven't been able to find my camera charger so I haven't had a camera pretty much. I have borrowed a couple cameras from people and that is how I have taken some of my pictures. I love digital and memory cards!!!Anyways This is what we have been up to the last few weeks.
One day the boys were playing outside while I was doing some house chores. When I looked out the back door this is how I found my 2 lovely children. It might make some of you sick but come on it just dirt, at least that's what I think it is???
I kept telling them that what they were doing was very gross but they could care less, I guess the glass tasted especially good that day!!! Maybe it was the cacker Dallin has in his mouth???
Then Dallin and Bryant have taken a huge liking to our motor cycle helmet. This is Dallin watching a movie wearing my pink helmet. It was so funny he kept falling asleep and his head would totally jerk to the side or forward.
Oh Dallin...
Please don't mind my super messy house.
The boys were having fun and that's all that matters!!!
Then this morning I made some super yummy Texas French Toast and Buttermilk syrup and whipped cream on top!!!! I got the recipe off my friends blog. Jen this was so delicious!!!
The boys really loved it!!

Then today Corey and I worked like mad dogs getting things done we've been wanting to do for awhile.
I made this cool head board to match my curtains that I have in my room. I also dyed my sheets and duvet cover brown. They didn't turn out as dark as I was wanting so I'm gonna try it again, but you get the idea!!
Then a couple weeks ago Corey had a whole week off and during that time he built me and armoire for the computer. He did an amazing job. We just finished putting the doors on tonight so now I can finally reveal it all finished.
Don't mind the mess again, I'm really not that big of a slob! Just sometimes...
Oh all the wires at the bottom are from the laundry room which we also cleaned up today and organized, see we aren't slobs!!!
Here it is with the doors closed. He built this thing from complete scratch. Even the doors he pieced together, I am just to impressed with this wood working abilities!! That's my man!!!












9 comments:

Carolyn said...

That looks really nice with the finish! You are both such creators of things--and you both just go and do stuff--it's a good thing you got married to each other!

Becky Darlington said...

I love the headboard and the armoire! Way cool!

Jennie said...

Corey is an amazing man to create furniture like that! Cute headboard!

Jen said...

The armoire is beautiful! Good job Corey!
Glad you liked the french toast too, Not I'm craving it again:)

Whitney said...

Everything looks so great! I haven't seen the armoire! It looks awesome! You're boys are ridiculously cute! i miss you guys! I'm excited for tomorrow!

Dmcguire25 said...

That is so cute! I love the armoire! Wow he did a great job! I love the head board to. You are both so amazing!

Sarah said...

Very impressive! You guys are so crafty! I saw your husband at Sam's Club last week- We were down for the bros college graduation... Funny to run into him. Love the house!

Meg and Russ said...

That's freakin awesome! You both never cease to amaze me! Awesome job on all your craftiness and mad wood-working skills my friends! Love yer guts!
Meg

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Your house will never be perfect with 2 little boys running around! LOL We have kids...messes follow them.