I love this picture of Asher with his cousin Grant!
So adorable!
Grammy with her new grandbabies!
Dallin was bored with his new brother so he picked up and even more boring hobby.
Bryant wearing daddy's hospital clothes he didn't get to wear cause mommy chose the VBAC.
My sister and I the day I came home from the hospital, our boys are exactly 1 month apart.
Grant weighs 11 lbs, and Asher is 9 1/2, crazy!!
Bryant holding his new brother, he loves Asher, but really both boys don't really care about him too much, they have each other to play with and they're happy!
The day before Asher was born, the boys and I enjoying each other!
This is the way all our plans for having a c-section changed:
Saturday morning we went to the hospital at 6:15am for our scheduled c-section. As they were getting me ready for the surgery, they had me all hooked up and were monitoring the baby and me. They noticed that I was having pretty regular contractions, about every 3 mins apart. They weren't strong so I didn't think anything of it. They checked me to see if I had changed any from my last appointment and I was only at a 3 so I thought things still weren't going to happen the way I would like. They called the doctor and got the approval to go ahead with a VBAC. I was excited and a little flustered at the same time. It was hard for me to be to excited because things were like a roller coaster, going in for a c-section and then all of a sudden I'm doing a VBAC. My parents came down to the hospital expecting to see their new grandson and all they saw was me in no pain at all. So this was how it happened:
10am- Doc broke my water, contractions get a little better but not much
12pm- they check me I'm only at a 3 1/2
(I walk and walk and walk)
2pm: I'm now and a wonderful 4 and they start potocin, and contractions get much, much better!!
5pm: They check me again I'm now at a 7, that was exciting but not really where I wanted to be cause contractions were horrible!!!
(While I was in labor Corey and I watched a couple movies, not to enjoyable with contractions, Corey took a nap, and ate lots of yummy food, but I could only eat ice chips in case I had to do a c-section anyways)
6:30pm: I'm considering a epidural, watching Corey nap and not being able to eat anything, not getting any sleep the night before cause I was nervous for the c-section I had originally planned on, having the shakes so bad and not being able to relax at all, I opted for the epidural, but not before crying because I thought how weak I would feel for not doing this one all natural like Dallin's, I had done it before why couldn't I do it again?, but oh well...
7ish pm-I had them check me to see if I was at a 9 or 10 and if I was I'd not get the epidural, I was still at a 7, bring on the epidural!!!
Epidural worked great!! Until...
8:00pm- Baby's heart rate kept dropping with every contraction I was unknowingly having, then all of a sudden I had terrible pain in my very low abdomen. I was really worried because they told me if I had a strong pain where my old scar from the last c-section was that doesn't go away to tell them right away cause that means it could have tore. So with having the epidural and still feeling this pain that wasn't going away, I got pretty scared! My nurse was there so I told her and she went to check me and said, Oh well that's cause your about to have a baby.
8:30pm-They got me all ready to push, 13mins and 4 pushes later we met our little Asher boy.
It was pretty easy to push him out considering he was so big.
9pm: My parents showed up from being out of town earlier that evening. It was so perfect.
Corey and I were able to spend the day together alone. We experienced this birth together, and at just the right time my parents showed up to celebrate it with us. It was painful, long, and I got an epidural, but it was a great experience all in all!!
Oh and my 5 kids include:
Corey, the biggest, but still a kid!
Dallin- the sweetest trouble maker
Bryant- A lovely mess maker, that has discovered the terrible 2's
Max- the dog, enough said
Asher- the best eater and sleeper of them all!!






10 comments:
What a story! That's so fun the boys are so close together:)
Congratulations! I love the picture of the 2 babies with Grandma. So much fun!
Pit makes contractions worse than natural ones. Don't feel bad momma! He is beautiful!
Awesome post Kari! You got me with the five kids thing. I was like..uh, what is talking about? Asher and Grant look a lot alike--double chins and all.:) See ya tomorrow!
P.S. THis is Carolyn, not Jack
Kari, what are you talking about being weak?!! Hello! You're amazing! I'm so proud of you that you were able to do a VBAC and have Corey there.
Cute pics of Asher, he totally looks like one of yours! I love seeing Grant and him together too, so cute.
I had a good laugh at Dallin reading a newspaper!
Glad that Asher is eating and sleeping well!
Congrats!
I'm so happy that you got your VBAC. A little confused on why they started you on pitocin, when they said they wouldn't induce you. Hmm... But I'm so happy Asher is here and you are doing well!
Kari, congradulations!! 3 boys! gotta love it! I'm so happy that you were able to deliver with out a c-section. I had 4 of them!! Asher sure is a cutie! I look so forward to Jaylyn having her baby boy in May so I can just smooch and eat him up! Rest well and enjoy Cory while he is home!
congrats, on your new arrival,...three boys,...your so blessed! This is Jen's mom, Cheryl
Post a Comment