Friday, March 12, 2010

Dear Mr.Piggy,

I just wanted you to know Mr.Piggy that you are the apple of my middle child's eye. You are his best friend, his partner in crime, his confidant and you are attached to his hip. You have replaced his older brother. You get smelly every once in a while and have had many trip in the washer. I fear your neck will give out one of these days by the way my lovely son holds you so tightly. He loves you, did you know that? I'm sure you do. For the longest time he has thought of you as a real being, with a feelings that could be hurt. I have thought it was cute to watch him care for you the way he does, his dad thinks it's kinda weird and not very manly, but I don't care and neither does Bryant. Yesterday he took you to the park and refused to put you down. You took many trips down the slide. He even climbed the monkey bars over and over without letting go of your skinny neck once. And then the weirdest thing happened...
He took for another ride down the slide. I was watching him as he let you go down by yourself this time. He quickly followed after you but before he could reach you, a silly little girl walked by, picked you up and threw you on the ground. And that's when it happened. I actually wanted to tell the little girl it wasn't nice to throw you on the ground. But don't worry Bryant was right behind you and told her for me. And that's about the time she looked at you and (gasp) stepped on you. Yes I was appalled that a sweet little girl could do such a thing! I thought girls were made of sugar and spice and everything nice? Not that one. But that was when I realized I had feelings for you too Mr.Piggy. You are a special little guy and I fear for the day you are no longer.
^
Cause then I will be seeing this little man of mine do a whole lot more of this!!

Love, Bryant's Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest post ever! I guess I have feelings for Mr. Piggy because I love him too!

Carolyn said...

Well, I myself do not have any excessively strong feelings for Mr. Piggy myself, but I know that Ella does--I think her feelings are something more like COVETING Mr. Piggy though--she only wishes that Mr. Piggy would leave Bryant for her! Maybe she needs her own Miss Piggy.:)