started out pretty good. Mom watched the boys while Corey and I went on an early day date. Trying to be better at doing the date thing. We went shopping for a dress for me to wear to his sister's wedding next week. Something I needed and why not make a date out of it. So that's just what we did. It was nice. Then we came home and got a big slap in the face from our house. It said,
"Hello did you guys forget you were poor? Just in case you forgot let remind you. Here, now you garbage disposal is broken and take a look under the sink, yeah you know what that smell is, it's rotting everything!! Rotting cabinets, rotting wall, rotting everything."
I shed a few tears in complete frustration for the poor house we live in, the lack of money to fix it and just plain sadness. I made a few phone calls to people I love and people I know love me and asked if there was any work that I could do for them to earn some money. I got a few offers. Then Corey and I talked about having a money jar for our "new kitchen". Every dollar I earn will go towards our new kitchen. So I am going to bust my booty off to get enough money to do something about my rotting kitchen.
Can't wait for the day when I can say to my kids, honey I understand, your dad and I were broke once upon a time too, it just takes time. And this is a definite learning experience. Now I know what to look for in our next home. I have learned so much from this "lovely" house of ours.






No comments:
Post a Comment