Friday, February 4, 2011

Freak'n-A

One of my biggest pet-peeves(?) is a pee smeeling bathroom. I hate it.
Now I don't really care if your bathroom smells like pee, it's still kinda gross but not nearly as bother some to me as if my bathroom smells like pee.
Now I have 3 BOYS in the house that pee in the toilet. One is an experienced potty goer so he is not the problem. (Or is he??) But the other two little men in this house are not so experienced and therefore I find that my bathroom really wants to smell like pee, A LOT.
I HATE IT!!!
I scrub my bathroom, like really scrub, I get the bleach out and clean the bathroom and that includes a good foot and a half perimeter around the toilet (walls, floor, tub and toilet). I do this at least two or threes time a week.
I have tried to train them to sit when they pee that usually helps but not always. I think they find it powerful or manly to stand. I find it super annoying.
I just got done scrubing my bathroom this morning and I have already wiped the toilet down two times in the last couple hours.
Don't get me wrong it's better then wiping their bottoms and I do enjoy the smell of bleach, weird I know, but could it just stay clean for a day? Please!!!

5 comments:

Jen said...

I hate that smell too!
Purchase a strong air-freshener for the bathroom :)

Meghan and Randy said...

Yeah I hate the smell too! I'm the same way- if it smells like pee in your bathroom, then I'm not as bothersome by it but if it's my bathroom and smells like pee, I'm going to not make it smell like pee! Only thing is, we live in a 2 bedroom apt and the bathroom is right across from Benjamin's room so if I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I'm always pondering whether or not I should flush the toilet as to risk waking him up. Eventually, I just started closing the door and flushing the toilet. I've learned Benjamin's a pretty deep sleeper.

Meghan and Randy said...

Aaannd your boys will eventually get the hang of it. Maybe have them go to the bathroom by themselves? My mom does daycare and I always noticed that the kids liked to go to the bathroom together and hang out in there.

Katrena said...

Kari,

I got that dress off the clearance rack at Target over a year ago. I know the ruffled embelleshed tops are popular now so hopefully you'll easily find something that works! Good luck! And thanks!

Katrena

Dustin said...

I totally feel your pain and I am about to have 2 boys. I hate the smell of pee! I clean Braden's bathroom constantly. My mom was here watching Braden for us and after he went to the bathroom he got a lysol wipe and wiped the whole toilet down. When my mom asked what he was doing he said, "It's because my mom says I pee on everything." Boys are a riot!!