Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Trying new things...


I LOVE sushi lately!!
Probably not the best thing for me to love while I'm pregnant but it is one thing I crave A LOT!!! I try to stay away from the raw fish stuff.
We went out for sushi the other night. That stuff is pretty pricey!!!
But it is really good!!


So since I was have a major craving for sushi I decided I would try to make my own.
I looked up a recipe and where I could find seaweed, and sent Corey to the store.

After a little preparation and cooking I had made 3 wonderful sushi rolls. It was so yummy!!
Not quite as good as the stuff at the restaurants but my need for sushi was satisfied.

Then a while back Corey and I had gone to On the Borer and tried there new appetizer,
Avocado Fries.
I know sounds weird but they were so good and since I had left over avocados from the sushi I made Corey some avocado fries. Those turned out pretty good also.

Now my house smells terrible from the fish and seaweed and frying oil but oh well it was worth the money saved doing it myself!!!

(I feel like I should say that the picture above is not my sushi roll, however mine did look just like that, I forgot to take a picture of my own and found one comparable. Sorry for the false impressions.)

4 comments:

Liz said...

Man, you are talented. I'm still trying to figure out the green salsa from Tia Rosa's that I love.

Carolyn said...

THose look so professional--and I feel so cool because I was there when you were making them! ENjoy your crazy cravings!

Jen said...

Wow, way to go!!! Seriously!

QueenBee said...

I ran across your blog courtesy of Molly Sharp. When I was prego with my #2 I ate sushi all the time. My fave place is Ra. They have a happy hour selection of rolls from 3-7 pm every day but sunday and my absolute favoritest one is a Las Vegas roll. It has cream cheese AND it's deep fried. DELICIOUS. IDK where you live but look them up!! So good! And super cheap compared to most places that serve similar things