Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hard Times

Well, so the story goes, I am very home sick!!! I miss my family very much!! And I just realized that I am crazy for having babies 11 months apart. Well actually I already knew I was crazy but... there are times when I realize it more than others. Today was Easter. Corey got a call yesterday telling him that he would have to work today at 11:00am. I thought this would be fine since church starts at 9:00. I would just go for the first meeting, take him to the airport, and be back by the last meeting. Well, 3:00am rolls around like it normally does, but this morning (like some other mornings I might just add) we got a very nice phone call from my favorite company Mesa Airlines. They were informing my husband that he would now need to be at the airport at 6:30am. This would mean that we would need to leave the house NO later than 6:00am. Can you imagine waking your beautiful babies to take them out to a freezing car to drive your hunny to work, knowing that your not gonna have his help for the next 24 hours AT LEAST. Yeah well it just make me all warm and fuzzy inside thinking about it. Enough about that... Well we did what we needed to do and then got home and started getting ready for church. Dallin is just at that age where he just isn't wanting to sit on your lap anymore. He wants to be free. But that isn't reverent. So, all during church I was trying to keep him happy, all the while Bryant was being a good little boy in his car seat...until the last meeting where he exploded in his diaper and I think the whole room heard it. It doesn't help that when he drops a load he has to grunt EXTREMELY loud just to be sure that people know exactly what he is doing. So then he got fussy and I packed all my stuff up grabbed Dallin and the diaper bag and Bryant and headed out the door. Well, let me tell you about the mother's lounge at our building. It is probably 10ft x 10ft. No joke. No room to do anything. Oh yeah and did I mention that they have 3, yes 3 wards meeting at the same exact time in our building. AND... these are all baby booming wards!!! Right by the University so young couples just starting out with a few kids and a TON of babies!! So 3 wards plus a ton of babies makes for a very busy and crowded mothers lounge!! Well I tried to make my way into the lounge but that wasn't gonna happen, no way. So I just plopped myself down on the foyer couch and decided I would change him there. I'm sorry if that bothers you but I was done and VERY stressed. SO I'm trying to change Bryant and Dallin is running EVERYWHERE remember the "I want and must have freedom" thing. He took advantage of that alright. Well by the time I was done changing Bryant and chasing Dallin all over I was almost to tears so I decided that I would just leave. But this was no easy task either. I had to go all the way around the building since meetings were still going on. And I guess the Spanish branch had just started rotating their classes cause the halls were filled with people, that didn't speak english. Here I am, flustered, trying to carry a one year old that is trying to squeeze his way out of my arms, holding the car seat for Bryant, and the diaper bag. And not a person would get out of my way. Well, I did make it through the hall and out the door and into my car where I broke. Tears...tears...and more tears. I don't know why I was so upset about all that, but I think it just got too hard for a little while. I just thought I would write this all out so that everyone could hear my sob story. I'm sorry if you got bored but this is my life and I figured I would write about it so you all could know. On a happier note...
Dallin did make things better for me tonight when I was on the couch holding Bryant he came over and wrapped his arms around my neck and held me for quite a while. And then he pulled away and gave me the biggest smile. It just melted my heart!!! Then he came back a few minutes later and did it again. I am so lucky to have such wonderful little boys!!! Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing my life tremendously! See I really do appreciate them and love them, I do!!

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh Kari! I was almost to tears just reading that because I know what it is like. Brynlee was a little older, but the same wanting to be FREE and not be reverent and trying to take care of a little one too. I'm so sorry that you had to go at it alone today. You are such an amazing woman though...don't forget it! If there is one thing I know for sure about you, it's that once you have made up your mind about something, you do it! You are one strong and determined woman! I love that about you. :)

Wish we lived closer to hang out. Heck, I would give up living here in Phoenix heat in a heart beat!

mom of fab five said...

Deep breaths--in through your nose and out through your mouth--slowly--slowly--SLOWLY. Ok this is not going to work if you don't listen to me....LOL. Hang in there--we all have those melt down moments,but it sounds like the day ended on a good note. Also remeber that no good calls come in the middle of the night--so don't answer the phone!! Love ya--

leigh Ann

Jen said...

Kari i love you so much! I'm so sorry things are crazy. You can call & vent to me anytime.
You are such a strong woman. Take deep breaths and don't be afraid to ask for HELP from ward members- the RS will help out.

Love you!

P.S. Dallin's lovin to you was also from your Heavenly Father who loves you so much!

Carolyn said...

Kari,
I'm going to try and call you gain, but if I don't get ahold of you know that I am thinking of you. I know things will get better there--I really enjoyed looking at all those beautiful shots of parks and things--it looks like you are really getting out and enjoying CHarlotte. Hope to talk to you soon.
Carolyn

Cody, Marianne, and Preston :o) said...

Kari, you are superwoman. I just thought you should know that. I'm so impressed- you are my role model :) I love you, and I can't wait to see you and your adorable little family again... you are an amazing mom and Dallin and Bryant are very lucky little boys! Corey is pretty lucky too;o)