Thursday, August 13, 2009

And Finally....

BLOOD!!

I knew it was just a matter of time until I would be rushing my children to urgent care for stitches or a broken bone. Well last night, August 19, 2009, the very same day that Daddy was celebrating his birthday alone, Mommy was taking her youngest to Urgent Care alone at 9:30pm.

This is how it all went down for our records, I know this will be the first of many.

Dallin and Bryant were playing on the couch throwing objects at each other, one of their favorite pass times! Well, I told them to stop, but like the little rebels that they are they didn't listen and I was to busy to really make them stop. Until...

Bryant starts to scream and cry. Now if anyone of you knows my little Bryant man you know that he screams at just about anything. Seriously!! So I say, "Oh Bryant, you're ok, it's ok" and kinda look up to see him rubbing his eye, and then the blood. I guess this time he really meant it! So I picked him up and put him on the counter, cleaned it up and examined the flesh wound and tried to justify putting a butterfly band-aid on it. I wasn't sure if that would be good enough so i called my brother-in-law to come home and take a look at it to see what he thought. After much thought, well not much, if I was gonna take him anywhere that wasn't near the hospital and didn't involve the word Emergency, cause this clearly wasn't an emergency, I would have to hurry. It was already 9 pm. So we decided that I should take him in. I wasn't to happy about it but did it anyway. Thankfully Jacob stayed home with Dallin and put him to bed while I was gone, he's a great SINGLE guy(ladies)!! Anyways... on the way to Urgent Care I couldn't help but think that if Corey were home he would probably be super gluing this tiny deep cut shut right now. So we get there and we get taken care of like we are Kings and Queens. Well we were the only ones there so I think they were a little bored an excited to see something a little different then the common cold and fever. This was a flesh wound for goodness sakes. I think they would have put a couple stitches in it even if it didn't really need it just for the fun of it, honestly! So we go back and they strapped my little man, who by the way was handling this all very well, no crying he made, so they strapped him down and made a little burrito out of him. Then they started in on him. He wasn't a big fan of this part. They told me they weren't going to numb him because they would have to poke him twice to numb him or poke him twice, well four times really, to do the stitches. So after all was said and done he came out looking great and was very happy to get a Popsicle, which he enjoyed to the last drop!! We got home around 10pm from the whole ordeal, and to think if I had only put them to bed 10 minutes sooner then I was planning on this whole thing could have been avoided, or maybe if I would have actually stopped them from throwing things at each other. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, oh well life goes on.

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

All this and you're pregnant too! We love you guys and hope little Bryant gets better. Stitches are not fun.

Jen said...

I don't know how you handle it all. But you amaze me:)