Saturday, December 12, 2009

Quiet Toys...

A while back at church a nice sister in the ward noticed the struggle I was having with my children and offered up some of her quiet toys for my kids to play with. These toys were awesome and the boys loved them and it kept them quiet and busy for quite a while. So after that Sunday I was determined to get myself some of those amazing quiet toys. All it was, was a board with holes around the edges and a shoelace tied to one of the holes so that the child can thread the shoelace through each hole. Takes quite a bit of concentration and patients for the child to get it done and they love doing it over and over. So with my Sundays being as they are... Corey hardly ever there and two crazy boys all by my lonesome I was like I said determined to get me some of these fun boards. The other morning I couldn't sleep and stayed up thinking about all the cool boards I could make with some scrap wood we had outside. So that morning when Corey, who was home, got up I told him my plans and put him to work cutting the wood for me. I drew some funny cut outs on them and he went to work again cutting out these odd shapes. I drilled the holes and then glued this cute paper, that I already had, on to them and now all I need to get is the shoelace and they're complete. I made a few extra for my cute niece for her birthday. I know her mom will enjoy these "quiet toys" for church too!!!



2 comments:

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

I love them!!! I want to do that! What kind of wood is it? Did you put scrap paper and modpoge? on the front?

Carolyn said...

Yes I do!