Friday, January 29, 2010

Tender Moments...

Asher and I had a moment...
Last night, after one of his midnight feedings, he decided he didn't want to go back to sleep right away. He laid there in my arms wide-eyed, just looking around the room. I keep the bathroom light on at night so I can see what I'm doing when I get up to feed him at night. He was staring at the different shapes of lights on the walls and ceiling. I stared at him and just smiled. He is so perfect and beautiful! Then he started to smile..and move his mouth as though he was talking to someone. I was told with my other children that babies are so close to heaven cause they are so innocent and pure. I believe it!! While I was watching him last night I felt a bit closer to heaven also! I thanked my heavenly father for this special gift! I was grateful for that moment with my little man, just me and him, I'm so lucky!!!
Here is just a cute picture of my 3 sons, hehe!!I love saying that!
And my lovely husband loves to make green smoothies. I love him for it!! They are so delicious and packed with fiber, a must for me these days, if you know what I mean.
This was my breakfast, and now he is off to the park with the older boys and I'm enjoying my smoothie and some more Asher and mommy time!!!
Life's Good!!!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

That's sweet Kari! It's amazing how much a baby can say with his/her eyes when they are a newborn, that words aren't even necessary.

Jen said...

I love those moments:)

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I just love looking at him too. He is a little angel. Love you!