Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Smarty pants...

My little man Dallin is your top of the line smarty pants. He has become quite clever lately and however smart it may sound it is getting on my last nerve!!


For example, this morning he comes into MY bed to cuddle with DADDY. Then he says to Corey, "Dad I don't want you to be sad, I want you to be happy." That really came out of no where but then he leans over Corey and says to me, "Mom you need to go clean the house cause it's dirty!" What a little stinker. The thing he doesn't get is that I try and try to clean my house but between feeding and making kids happy I cannot possibly keep up on my house work before he goes around making a mess somewhere else. He makes messes way faster than I can clean. Oh and lets not forget about the hubby, he's a great guy but his "pick up after myself skills" need a little polishing. Talk about bonkers!!!

Then in an effort to feel like a good mom, I decided to take took my kids to the library today. We took food to feed the birds and I let them play at the park before story time. well, the park tings went ok and I suppose story time wasn't horrible but my middle child has a real problem with being incredibly violent. I'm not sure where he gets it from but he finds pleasure in just slugging you in the leg or elbowing you in the chest or slapping your face or pushing you over. He's your top or the line bully. Asher had a poopy diaper but I couldn't exactly change him there during story time and it would be way to hard to get all the kids organized to go to the bathroom to change him. SO he was a little fussy but not to bad. Then I decided I had enough and packed everyone up anyways and headed home. It wasn't exactly the "good job mommy" outing I had in mind. Then when we got home it wasn't even 5 minutes before Dallin poured out a big thing of bubbles all over the kitchen floor then came over to me and pulled on my new watch that I got and says, " I gonna break it." and starts to walk away. I made sure he went to time out and said,"why dallin, why do you insist on breaking everything. You destroy everything!" Now I know that is not the best thing to say to your child and then he says back to me, "Why are you destroying me?" I stopped right there and realized how that was so true. I hate that there are times that I don't feel like I can control myself and say hurtful things and it realy is destroying my children to some extent.

Hopefully I can figure out how to be a better mom and stop "destroying" them as Dallin puts it.

No comments: