This past weekend we headed up to the lovely country, Snowflake AZ. It was my family reunion and like every year it was super interesting. It was fun though and I had a great time. However...
On the way home, on our last little stretch home our car a/c went out. Either a hose blew or the compressor blew up not sure which yet, I'm hoping it's just a hose. At least it was at the very end of our trip and not the beginning. After we figured out what it was, in the car I was talking to Corey and saying "oh man that is gonna be expensive to fix, huge bummer!!" Now for the next exciting news... we get home and I walk into our lovely home and look into the kitchen and notice that the back door is open about 3 inches and the curtains are blowing ever so lovely. I go out to the car and ask Corey, "Did you forget to shut the back door before we left?" and he looks at me funny and says, "No I don't think so, I might have forgot to lock it though, why?" So we go back in the house and look at the door and Corey looks into the back yard and sees our back fence is busted and broken. My heart immediately started racing. I was listening to my sweet children laughing and playing and I was freaking out! Someone had broken into our house while we were gone and I didn't know what they had done or if they were even still there. Corey started going through the house and everything looked pretty normal. Then we got to our room where they opened up several drawers and took a bag of cash with about $200 in it and they took a few other electronic things of worth to us and our Wii. They went through my jewelery but luckily I don't have anything worth taking. They didn't leave it a complete disaster which was nice but the yucky sick feeling I have being in my own home is horrible. I get sick thinking about how some stupid kids were in my home. A place where I used to feel safe. I wonder what they were thinking as they walked through my kitchen and down my hall. Looking at the pictures of my kids on the walls and the signs of a happy family all over the place. I wonder what they did with my videos they stole from me the ones of my honeymoon, my baby Dallin growing up and oh yeah the one of me bringing him into this world. I don't really care about the video camera or the money or the Wii. All those things can be replaced, but I won't be able to get those moments on film again and I definitely won't be able to help myself from feeling violated and scarred out of my mind in my very own home. Oh and for the record we had locked the back door they just pounded and pried at it with some tools and got it open. Oh I feel so safe!!
P.S.
Corey just found out through some further examining to our nice car and it was indeed the a/c compressor. That sucks!!






No comments:
Post a Comment