Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Do Monsters ever sleep???



I feel confident that I can answer this question that they sleep only VERY little if at all.

Why am I asking this you might wonder? Or not wonder considering if you know me well or not...
It's because I live with 2 fully experienced monsters and one in training.

However, don't get me wrong, I birthed these monsters and I probably have much to do with the first two's training in becoming such, I do love these little guys tons and bunches.

Probably more that I love anything else in this world. I can't stand to be without them for any reason. No matter how mad I get, or frustrated or tired or sad... I could go on, they do make me smile and laugh and I don't even want to imagine what my life would be like without them.

But to explain why I feel I live with monsters please read the following...

Today I had an appointment with my therapist. The one I am seeing because I am having a hard time feeling like I am a good mom. The one that is helping me to train a monster, just kidding, helping me feel better about myself.
Anyways after no luck with finding a sitter for my little guys, I decided to take them with me, I mean I really didn't have a choice.
Now I can look at it two ways..
1. It was a huge mistake taking them along. I didn't get to work on anything.
I just struggled to take control of things and pretty much sat in the room and cried the whole time.
or
2. Now the therapist knows what I'm dealing with and talking about when I come to see him.
I'll choose the latter.

Then after that whole ordeal was over I was supposed to go visiting teaching but since two of my boys had green snot running down their noses and I didn't think the girl we were visiting would appreciate that around her baby I opted out and let them know I would be coming do to sick kids. I headed over to the good ol' Walmart. They were having a re-Grand Opening. The boys got their faces painted and I thought oh wow this day is going to get better. That lasted only a little while.

Thank heavens for the new shopping carts they have with 3 seat buckles. Although I just wish they were all further apart from each other. I spent most of the shopping trip leaned between Dalin and Bryant to keep them off of each other. Did you know Bryant has an amazing ability to scream, I think everyone in Walmart could hear him today, and on several occasions.
One reason for my trip to Walmart was to re-fill my birth control. We don't want to have anymore baby monster's anytime soon, that's not to say I don't want another someday, cause I do I'm just still working on Father Monster to want one.
Anyways, I had totally forgotten about the meds until I was on my way out the door with all the other goods. I thought, Oh well I'll just come back later, but I've been thinking that for 4 days now and so I decided if I was gonna get it I was gonna get it now. I turned around and put in the order and headed over to the kids play area to let the boys play. It was working out so well. That was until...
Dallin pulled the fire alarm door and the sirens started going off. Talk about embarrassing. All eyes were on us and I just wanted to run. I think the last time I was that embarrassed I was in grade school. I quickly told someone and headed over to get my meds.
There was a long line and it took forever but we finally made it out of there and headed home.

We ate lunch and then I thought it would be nice if we all went outside and cleaned the car. It was in need of a good washing and I thought we would all enjoy doing that together. Well the boys did enjoy helping for a while. But then they got bored and went out back to play with the hose. Or so I thought...
No good deed goes unnoticed by my little monsters.

The price I paid to have my car beautifully cleaned...

A totally wrecked house.


I'm gonna drink a big glass of water and get started right in on that new mess.
I think they just know I LOVE cleaning and want to give me plenty of opportunities to do so.

So the reason I believe monsters don't sleep is because my monsters don't have time to sleep with all the messing up stuff that have going on. It's a tough job you know. They don't take naps and they don't go to bed until I give in and lay with them. I tried locking the door but they're to smart and have broken the lock off twice.

I know these time are precious and I do love them I just get a little tired sometimes and who wouldn't right?

It's normal everyone keeps telling me.
I'm just not so sure about that.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I took two little monsters to Walmart the other day as well and we had to leaver before I even had half my shopping done! One thing to try with the locks is turning the dorrknob around so that it locks from your side...works great!

Leticia Clarkson said...

The answer to your question is, no never. And SERIOUSLY call me when you need to run errands without monkeys. I can imagine how difficult it is because I've been there! ha.

Janice.Kasal said...

I' really glad you write about your kids like this!! I feel the same way!! Today after three days of Sadie crying nonstop I felt like I was gonna lose it! I put her in bed locked her bedroom door and ran outside and shut the door behind me. I sat there and cried for a good 15 minutes beofre going back inside to find my sweet angel fast asleep, surrounded by every single last toy that we own.

Jen said...

Seriously! CALL ME TO BABYSIT ANYIME!
Hang in there Kari- these cute little monsters will grow out of it (eventually:)