Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"Mom, I need a car!"

Today Dallin kept telling me that he "NEEDED" a car. Not just a toy car but one that he can drive and he wants a key. He is so funny. It was so upsetting to him when I told him he couldn't have one for a long time. Then after he calmed down I explained the process of getting a car to him.
1. You have to have money
2. You have to work HARD to earn that money.
3. You have to save and save for a LONG time.
4. You have to be old enough to drive, and be responsible.
5. Then you can have a car.

I explained how when daddy goes to work he earns money and that is how he bought his car.

He was sad when I told him he had to have money. He said, "OH, but dad will take it away!"

I told him that if he wanted to work, I would find some extra jobs he could do to earn some money and that I would tell daddy that it was his hard earned money and that daddy wouldn't take it away.

Later in the day I had my boys doing dishes.


I couldn't believe it. They unloaded the dishwasher all by themselves, well almost. And then they got their hard earned money and they were so happy.

1 comment:

Katrena said...

Great job Kari! I've got my Belen vacuuming now thanks to your suggestion. It's actually helpful too and she doesn't need much supervision. In a couple more years you'll have some reall good helpers too.