Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Twin Bed Bench

I have a great, huge love for all things antique!!!
Once I saw this awesome cute twin bed that was converted into a bench and I L-O-V-E-D it!!!
I knew I had to have one.
After searching and searching for one and even just looking for a bed that I could convert myself. I never did find one, until...
I went to paint a room for a lady to earn a little money and she had this beauty in her garage. I told he I had been looking for one everywhere but was unsuccessful. She let me take $10 off my total I charged her and she delivered it to my house for me.
I forgot to take a before picture before I started to dissemble it for a paint job but here is the back before paint.
And here is the after.
a close up of the fabric. I was having the hardest time picking out fabric. I'm crazy about fabric and I think anyone that saw me at the store that day must have thought I was a little crazy.
I kept going back and forth it was starting to hurt my head. But I like the one I ended up with, even though I think any of the ones I was going to get would have been fabulous anyhow...
I ran out of paint before I finished it and had Corey pick me up some from the store. I told him to get FLAT black but he ended up getting satin I think, it wasn't labeled on the can and so I'll need to do a little touching up later but I wanted to get it put back together before the weekend.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Love it!!!!

Jennie said...

Oooh...I have a love of all things old fashioned/shabby too. You did a great job! And you can't beat $10! I have that material too. I made it into a purse. I wish we lived closer and we could do more fun stuff like this together!! Only 1.5 years left here and then we're trying to get back to AZ, but not the valley.

Carolyn said...

Angie DID love her cake--and all the other girls were so impressed as well.:) And your bench looks great!

Cassandra said...

Okay, so remind me to call you to be my interior decorator when I finally get around to buying a house! I love all things paisley and black and this piece is GORGEOUS!!!

Janice.Kasal said...

That bench is so gorgeous!! You are so crafty!!

Katrena said...

Nice job on the cake and bench!