Well it turns out that there was something in my laundry room that was definitely
the cause of the smell.
Late last night Corey went out to feed our dog and comes in a few minutes later and says
"Kari, please come here, quick."
I thought for sure he had found the dead cat. When I turned the corner and saw him in the laundry room moving a box I asked,
"Did you find the dead cat?"
He responds, "Well almost..."
He responds, "Well almost..."
The stray cat which had pooped and peed in my laundry room had also left a couple of kittens for us to find as well.
It was probably the saddest thing I had seen in a while.
Those poor little babies (there were 2 of them) had been left in our hot hot hot laundry room to die. They were still connected to their cords and sacks that were all dried up. Sorry if that is to much info. I went in and got scissors and a towel and we brought them in to see how alive/dead they were. We thought for sure the smaller grey one was dead at first look then he started moving around.
Oh how I wish those little guys would have just been dead. I cried for a good while when I realized they would die. How sad!!!
I left them outside for the night hoping that either their mom would come get them or that they would finally die. This morning I went out to check, they were both still there and still suffering.
After I shed a few more tears for the poor little guys I called around to several clinics to see if any would take them and put them down. I finally found one that would take them and then packed the boys and kittens up and head out. This is when the boys found out there were kittens in our possession. My boys LOVE cats. Dallin asked a million questions on the way to the ER clinic then wanted to watch the doctor take care of the cats. I told him we would not be watching that and let the boys say goodbye then they all cried as we left.
I'm just glad that they are not having to suffer anymore!!
Now to go clean out my laundry room....
(I think we need to get a new door for the laundry room, what do you think?)






2 comments:
yuck! Thats really sad :(
oh so sad. Sorry you had to deal with that and yucky stuff too. Glad they aren't suffering anymore.
Post a Comment