I didn't take pictures cause I forgot but today Bryant had his first doctors app since we moved here. He never had his 2 month check-up so we are a little behind. We finally found out how much the BIG little guy weighs. A whopping 15lbs10oz. That's almost as heavy as Dallin. I think Dallin is around 20lbs. Bryants will definitely be bigger than Dallin!! He got his shots and hated them!! But the nurse was really quick! After I left I was thinking how she shot him so quickly and wondering if they take into consideration the fact their little legs. I mean she just slammed that needle right on in his leg, what if she hit a bone or something? I know I'm not a doctor or nurse but do they think about those things? Could they, while jamming the needle in this little leg, hit a bone? Maybe I'm silly but poor kid. I would hate to be a nurse, I couldn't stick kids with needles.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
thanks so much...we think he is super cute! your little boys are adorable as well! alyssa had her baby 3 days after we had broc. so it will be a lot of fun for them growing up.
I know, i could never be a nurse- it just breaks my heart.
I can't believe how big he is. He's only 1 1.5 lbs away from being the same as Katelyn- & there is a 8 month difference. (Katelyn is small though)
I hate when Braden has his shots too! At least your nurse was quick..ours took forever and it broke my heart!! Your boys are too dang cute!!
Poor little guy!
But even though the nurses are really fast, they are inserting the needle in our body's largest muscle, our quads, for a good reason. It's so that it will NOT hit a bone or artery or anything else of importance. Rest assured, that is the safest place for his shots and the quickest for it to be done before the baby shrieks and moves!
I agree with what Jennie said! She's absolutely right. I'm a phlebotomist (I draw blood) so when I give shots on little kids, I find that that's the easiest way to go rather than having them endure the arm. I don't usually give shots but during flu season, they needed as many people as possible since they were taking away so many nurses to do the shots.
Post a Comment