Thursday, February 25, 2010

Doctors...

oh how I HATE them!!!
Above: Bryant on the doctor's chair and Dallin hiding behind the rug art.
Below: a sleepy naked baby
and here you will find one annoyed mommy!!!
Today I had a doctor appointment for Dallin and Asher. The reason for my hatred towards these "so called doctors" is because I have yet to find one that knows what they are talking about and has good skills with their patients.
When they first bring you into the room the nurse goes over a bunch of questions with you. Like so how is the baby doing? How are his brother's doing? How is mommy doing? Are you handling everything ok? Well then she leaves and says the doctor will be with you shortly, and you want to believe her, and then it takes forever and you think, what the heck is taking so dang long? Don't they know I have 3 kids in here? Are they trying to test my patience? Are they trying to make sure I can handle my 3 kids? While being trapped in a small room? Is this a test?
Well guess what they left me in that little room with my 3 kids for over an hour and a half, but I passed their sneaky test, I didn't lose my patience, at least not a noticeable amount.
Now mind you, I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old. We were stuck in this little room with only 1 toy to play with. Oh wait let me correct myself... cause remember, I have a 2 and a 3 year old. There were a million toys to play with. You know like the lap top they have in each room for the doctor, you know the doctor that doesn't really know anything. And the little chair that the unintelligent doctor sits on when he comes in to talk to you for 5 min.'s. Yeah the one that has wheels and spins. And then there is the exam table with the paper on it, and at the end of the table is the entire big roll of paper. That is very tempting, you know for a 2 and 3 year old. And then they keep you in there so long that 2 of your 3 children have poopy diapers and they do have a trash can in this nice little room but above the can it says, please DO NOT dispose of dirty diapers in this trash can.
And then the nice doctor comes in and spends less then 5 min's examining 2 of your children. Asher has a terrible rash on his face, all over it and I asked him about it and he says it's from his dry scalp. Whatever doctor. Take a good look at that rash, there is NO way it is from a few flakes falling on his face. I was a little annoyed! I told him about Asher having thrush a few weeks ago and asked him that even though he thinks this rash is from a dry scalp, could it possibly be a yeast infection, which I researched last night and it sounded like it could have been. At least that made more since then flakes of skin irritating him. He couldn't really hear me because Asher was then screaming from hunger so I repeated my question to which he quickly answered no and moved on. Oh and by the way, he told me to rub baby oil on his head and wash it afterwards. If he knew anything about cradle "crap" he would know that baby oil doesn't work. Then while I was dressing Asher and he was typing stuff into his silly lap top the boys got into my bag and made a good mess of all it's contents, but I don't blame them, and I wasn't mad at them because I'm sure they were just looking for something fun to do. So he got done typing in whatever it was he was typing in, probably something like, "Crazy mom, unruly children, hungry baby with ugly rash, poor thing." he left.
Then when he left I was cleaning up the diaper bag mess and was tempted to throw away my dirty diapers in the forbidden trash can. I mean the sign was in Spanish and I don't read Spanish.

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Welp, that WAS a good story! At least you can take pleasure in knowing that in made me laugh--especially the doctor's comments part! And I totally know what you mean about leaving you in that tiny room FOREVER--not fun at all.

Liz said...

No hablo espanol!

Jen said...

Ok I am emailing you my pediatrician right now. I love them. ALL the Dr's & ALL the staff. they are amazing & there is NEVER a long wait.
& they are close.

Jen said...

Do you have a new email?
I just sent you one with the karebear address & it send it back to me.

Cassandra said...

I would have thrown the diapers away in the can. Screw 'em.

Diane said...

i would have left the diapers UNROLLED on the table.. but after i took the protective paper off, of course!

do you ever carry super glue around?? maybe you should.. hmmm
cause i'm sure the boys could put it somewhere!! :D