Sunday's are very special. I love going to church, I love the spirit that is felt there, and I sure can't wait till I can feel it again someday!!! I hear that once the kids get a little older that you can feel it again. Maybe that is true, maybe it's not. Today was definitely not the WORST Sunday I have ever had, but it wasn't the best. The boys did ok. There was quite a bit of wiggling and lap sitting and "quiet talk" reminders during sacrament meeting. I did sit by two lovely young women in the ward, in the front of the chapel, really not my favorite spot to sit but I wasn't gonna pass up the help with the kids. Remember what happened the last time I tried to tackle the kids by myself? Anyways, after watching the clock for the last 10 minutes of the meeting it was finally over, I know it's horrible that I say that, and I'm sure that the talks today were great, but I didn't hear them. I think they had something to do with raising righteous children and families, wish I would have heard those talk!!! Oh yeah... so the kids were off to nursery! Hipp hipp horray!!! Sorry nursery leaders. So then I sit down to enjoy Sunday school, and Asher needs to eat. I go feed him. Then Sunday school is over. I sit down to enjoy relief society, probably my favorite meeting. Shortly after the lesson gets going I hear, Kari your son... yup I had to go change a diaper. I get back after retuning him to nursery, and Asher is now poopy. So I go change him. Get back listen to a little more of the lesson then remember I wanted to take pictures of the YW for wed so I get up and go do that, as I'm doing that the nursery leader brings Bryant to me and says, his nose is running and we can't have sick kids in nursery. I said ok as she hands me Bryant while I'm also holding my baby. Luckily I was talking to someone then who offered to take the baby for me. Then I got to thinking well, Dallin's nose is running to and if they don't want "sick" kids in there I should probably go get him out too. I left him in there. I know I'm a bad mom. Sometimes, a lot of the times, I get the feeling the nursery leaders don't really like my kids. I understand how they feel but I love my kids no matter how crazy and unruly they can be, probably because I have no one to blame but myself for their behavior. Maybe my kids are the reason they have had so many nursery callings switched in the last few months. Haha, it's not really funny, more sad! Oh well...so I didn't really get a whole lot out of today's lesson's only that I wish I could have paid more attention because I know they were all lessons I needed to hear, More diligence and concern at home... raising righteous families, man I missed out!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
What an ordeal! You're being blessed Kari, just for your faithfulness in going, even when you know that you won't be able to get much out of church. And the example that you are setting for your boys that going to church is important, is priceless. But you already know that. :)
Babe, you're doing an awesome job. My mom, I'm sure, felt the same way with us four unruly girls. I love you and think you're doing an admirable job. Keep it up and remember that your rewards will be great.
Hang in there my dear.
You are such an awesome Mom & your kids appreciate it so much, they just do realize it yet:)
Post a Comment