Well the day started out ok, hung out with a friend ate lunch together at my place. Then Corey got all frantic trying to leave for his scout camp out tonight. The van all of a sudden decided it wanted to lose it's steering abilities and so he thought it not to safe to take on a road trip. It's scary enough trying to drive around town in the van I can't even imagine going around the turns in the mountains. So he decided to take our car. Well it didn't quite make it to Payson. That killer hill got it and blew up the radiator. So right when I was about to wander on over to my mother's house to escape the heat of my lovely home I get a call from Corey that I need to get a radiator. So I load the boys up in the unsteerable (you really can steer it, it's just going out so it kinda floats around a lot) van and go down to Alma Imports. Unload the kids and ask for their radiator that their website said they had. Sure enough they have it and they're pulling and it will be there shortly. After waiting a good half hour they bring it out and say, "Oh sorry it's no good". I was a little frustrated and they called around found another radiator close that I could go buy. But the place closes at 5 and it was 4:45. So I asked them to call the place and tell them a mother and her 3 young children are on they're way to get it and to please stay open. They were so nice and did just that. I got the radiator! It was no easy task but I did it. It was also extremely hot not to mention so I was sweating bullets. So I headed over to Walmart to finish getting the stuff for the cake I'm making for a baby shower tomorrow. I ran into an old friend from high school. He was on the phone and me looking the way I did with my sweaty stinky ugly self and one of my children dressed as a monkey I gave a friendly head nod and said hello and quickly was on my way. Then while I was waiting in line to check out he comes up to talk to me. I apologized for how I looked and proceeded to explain why. Corey out of work, no air in home, breaking down cars, etc. Then I look at Dallin and he's holding himself which isn't unusual but it was mixed with the potty dance and so he offered to take Dallin to the potty for me. Now I wouldn't just let any ol' person take my kid to the potty but I took seminary with this guy and know him and his family pretty well and felt very comfortable letting him help me out. Dallin looked at me like "are YOU ok with this mom?" I gave him the go ahead and he went. Then when he got back before I could finish checking out and pay for my stuff he had swiped his card and paid for my entire purchase. It made my day. He was so generous and caring. I am truly grateful for his generosity. I was instantly put into a much better mood. He said everyone can use a little help sometime. I can't wait til I'm on the other end and get to help someone, I look forward to it!! Then as I was driving home I was waiting at the stop light and looked over to see NieNie sitting right next to me in her car. I was so excited!! I'm not exactly sure why but it was pretty dang cool. I was on the phone with Corey telling him about my wonderful friend at the store and I told him about NieNie and he asked if I was gonna stalk her. Silly guy, but if I hadn't had melting stuff in the back seat I might have. J/K She looked great much better than my raggedy old self. So that was my day. Now Corey just got home with my wonderful dad who drove up to almost Payson to tow Corey back home with his car so he can hurry and replace the radiator and drive back up to Payson and meet up with the rest of the Scout campers.
Friday, June 25, 2010
Terrible, horrible day...
My house thermostat currently reads 91 degrees. Oh happy day, it's 8 o'clock and it just turned back on!!
Posted by
Kari Whiting
at
7:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment