I hear this word a lot!!! And by a lot I mean A LOT!!!! I do love it, being a mom and all. I wouldn't change it at all but sometimes I just wish, oh how I wish they would say daddy once in a while. Today I think I might just go to the looney bin!
While I was trying to make lunch for my sweet monsters all I could hear was,
Mommy I need spiderman on",
"Mommy I want cake",
Mommy I want my Iron man costume"(for the billionth time),
"Mommy I need spiderman off, I have to go poop",
crying from my baby.
SO while I was making lunch I...
stopped and put spiderman on,
told Dallin no cake and no Ironman costume for the billionth time,
made a bottle,
handed daddy the baby and said take a break and feed our baby please.
Stirred the lunch,
took spiderman off,
listened to Bryant scream from the bathroom, "mommy come wipe my bottom, mommy,mommy,mommy!"
SO I stopped stirring,
wiped his bottom,
helped wash his hands,
washed my hands,
went back to stirring,
daddy asks for the binky,
stopped stirring,
found binky,
hand Daddy the binky,
continue to cook lunch (which by the way was a ton of work in and of it's self),
Then I turned around and looked at Daddy and asked why they never ask Daddy for anything? Why is it always mommy? SO I decided right then and there that we were to exchange titles. I was now Daddy and he was now Mommy.
That's when Bryant called from the bathroom for the second time in 5 minutes,
"Mommy I need you to wipe my bottom!"
So Daddy, aka the new "Mommy" went to address the problem. His conversation went a little something like this...
'New Mommy'- "Bryant what do you want?"
Bryant- "Mommy."
'New Mommy'- "Well what do you want her to do?"
Bryant- "I need her."
'New Mommy'- "What do you need her to do?"
Bryant- "I need her to come here!"
So the 'New Mommy' came out to tell me that he was only going to have me wipe his bottom. So I stopped making lunch to go address the issue, again, and got done,
washed hands again,
Dallin comes in,
"Mommy I need..."
I told them I no longer respond to the name Mommy but that I am now Daddy.
They quickly started asking for "Daddy" to help them put on and take off costumes, and eat cake and do this or that. Then they laughed and said, "You're not Daddy you're mommy!"
Oh man I just can't win. I told them I no longer respond to any names.
~The reason our lunches are so much work right now is because I like to make a nice good meal when Corey is home to eat it and since he works at night that meal would have to be lunch. There really is no sense in me slaving over the hot stove for me and the boys who will most likely be not eating a single bite of my hard work. So that is why I made a nice big hot meal for lunch today and most other days, oh yeah and I made a really yummy pot of Pepper Jack Potato Soup.~






1 comment:
I just barely learned this myself because I, much like you, always answered my children and yes it does get on ones nerves. My recent c-section taught me this. If you are busy, i.e. feeding baby or making lunch, you say 1. tell boy try it yourself, then 2. tell boy ask daddy cuz mommy is busy, 3. you ask daddy to help boy cause mommy is busy, 4. you should be the last resort. My husband is oh so sweet but he is barely figuring out the part where he helped make them so he should help care for them. Thats one good thing about c-sections, you have to depend on someone else and let them help you. We need to have a girls night and relax from our monkeys!
Post a Comment