Well at least that is how it feels to me. I can't really even remember most of it. I think it mostly has something to do with taking care of my three crazy energetic monkeys. They keep me PLENTY busy which make me feel like so much has been going on lately. But on top of them, this past week and a couple weeks before that, my lovely husband was preparing, and I mean major PREPARING, for a pilot interview he was going to be having this past Monday (yesterday). He spent several hours away from home in a flight simulator that he had to rent out. He spent many, many, many hours filling out paper work, studying, and going over and over paper work. That is, on top of his work schedule. He was one busy man. Which also made me one busy (crazy) mama. So last Sat. I decided to try and help him out as much as I could along with keeping up my chores. I ran to the Kinko's to make copies for the second time since he found mistakes on his first set of copies. I decided to take all three monkeys to try and give daddy a much needed break so he could try to relax and study, cause you know we need him to get this pilot job. Well, that was a HUGE mistake!!! I can't really remember what all happened in that Kinko's that day, I was feeling pretty dizzy chasing that crazy kids around, trying to tell the employee the specific instructions that Corey had for printing his papers and again trying to keep the kids in sight. At one point Dallin was very concerned about my bag being open just a little and made sure I shut it, kinda weird but whatever. So I finally get done get back in the car, huge sigh, exhaustion, get home and Dallin says, "Mom, you can get the candy out of your bag now, I want it." That's when I realized he was wanting me to shut the bag because he had put a bag of candy that he STOLE in it. So I put him and Asher back in the car to go return the candy. Then back home to take his timeout for stealing, he had no clue when saying sorry and handing back the candy that he was in trouble and that it was a bad thing to not steal. So Saturday night Corey spent quite a bit of time organizing all his paper work and getting his bag packed and all ready to go early the next morning. His wonderful sister was picking him up at 5 am, thanks Kirsten again! So he was off. He sent me a message that he had got on the plane and was headed to Texas (where the interview was to take place Monday morning at 8 am). That was a good thing! Then when I got up with the boys later that morning I walked out to the living room and noticed a nice new folder on our entry way cabinet. In this nice new folder contained pretty much every IMPORTANT piece of paper Corey would need and had spent a numerous amount of hours preparing, and it was sitting in my entry way. I con't even tell you the amount of madness, I mean sadness I felt when I saw that. I gave him a nice little text, knowing he was on the plane still, "did you need this folder with all your papers in it?". When he got that text he just about pooped his pants. Yes indeed he did need that folder. I didn't figure that out until I was at church struggling with my three crazy monkeys to be somewhat reverent in sacrament meeting. I tried to escape to the mothers lounge where a bunch of other lovely mothers had ran off to with their hungry and cranky kids. It was not a good day for me and I am a little sad that those women who don't really know me had to see my "not so nice mommy" side. Then I just left in tears from the stress of it all. I got home and just broke down. I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. I talked to Corey trying to figure out a way to get the folder to him. I said if I leave now I can drive it to you. He shot that idea down almost as soon as the idea was thought, "Kari you haven't had a good nights sleep in how long and you fall asleep on the 4 hour drive to Eagar, how will you make it 18hrs to Texas?" Ok bad idea, but I would have done it if I needed to. I called my Dad in tears, "Dad what do I do?" He said "Kari buy a plane ticket and fly there, mom and I will watch the kids." I said "dad that is crazy! DO you know how much that ticket would be?" Well, my amazingly awesome parents wouldn't let me not go, them along with a Corey's parents helped pay the way, and my parents took the kids happily so that I could deliver the papers to Corey. It was very nice to have a break! Thanks again, so so so so much Mom and Dad. So I arrived in Texas later that night helped Corey study, went to bed early to get a good nights sleep before the big interview, got up almost every hour with nerves for the big interview (that was Corey and I both), and watched him leave the following morning for his interview. I said many prayers that morning and into the afternoon. I figured if he hadn't come back right away that was a very good sign. I enjoyed my child free afternoon and had lunch by myself, watched a bit of tv, and just relaxed. I headed to the airport where I was to meet Corey before we both headed home. I was a little worried since he was taking forever that he might miss the flight. Then he finally showed up and we sat down and talked and he revealed to me that he was not selected for the job. Huge, I mean HUGE bummer. I was so hopeful, and although I didn't like the thought of packing my house and moving across the country again I was getting more and more comfortable with the idea and I would do it! When he told me he wasn't selected I felt this huge weight and heaviness come over me and I hoped for a second that he was kidding and he was gonna say something like "Gotcha" but one look at his face and I knew he wasn't kidding. Such sadness. I felt so bad for him that he had tried so hard and did what he felt was really well at the interview but still wasn't selected. This nice couple came and sat by us and were talking to Corey about how hard it is for people in the economy right now, but he had a great job and they were flying first class, I wanted to spit on him, even though he was very nice. I guess I was just having and kinda still have a bad attitude towards people with great jobs that they like. Then we got on the plane to head home. Let me just say I'm not a huge fan of flying. I always feel sick. I don't like the smell of airports or planes. Talk about nauseating!! And then the motion sickness isn't that great either. Well I felt pretty nasty before we got on the plane and then the whole flight I felt horrible and as we were coming in to Phoenix I lost it all! I felt so bad for all the people around me. It's so embarrassing. That's another reason I hate flying, I'm always worried that "that " will happen. And this time it did. So now we're home and trying to figure out what our next step will be. I was just really hoping to be done with "trying to figure out the next step/ interview will be".
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
So much has been going on lately...
Oh my goodness, please excuse me, I now have to go clean up the stick of butter that is all over my kitchen table, and all over my lovely second child. I wondered what that slapping sound was, I was hoping it was just water, ugh, what am I going to do with these crazy kids??
Posted by
Kari Whiting
at
3:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Sorry he didn't get the job, but that just means there's something better for him somewhere! You guys are in my prayers!
I'm so sorry he didn't get the job.
I'm so sorry you guys worked so hard and didn't reap the rewards of a job.
Love you!
I think we need to get together at a park this week for some me & you time.
I'll email you.
Kari,
I am so sorry that are going through this! Your strength is amazing, just because you have had some low points doesn't discount that strength you have shown and will continue to show. You are amazing. Have you ever considered getting those toddler leashes? I have one, I'm sure people judge me for it but I don't even care it is a lifesaver for outings like your Kinko experience. :)
Kari,
I agree with Iris, those toddler leashes are amazing! Or, call me and I'll watch the kiddos next time! I'm usually home, (I don't have a car!) We are going through the same 'job-hunting' thing. It's frustrating but I have to have faith that the Lord will bless us with where we should be and what we should be doing! Chin-up my dear!
Oh man Kari, I'm so sorry!!! I know all too well how that feels...to get your hopes up, to try so hard, to fast and pray and still wind up empty handed...it's miserable and easy to lose hope. I cried and prayed every day for 2 years and often felt like it would never end. Now I'm in awe every day that our lives are finally going well and that the Lord answered our prayers. Don't give up.
sorry to hear about the job...i guess we can keep each other company in this boat for awhile longer. Looking and interviewing for jobs can be exausting especially when we don't recieve the answers we want--when we want them!!! I totally understand your feelings--we keep finding out we are the #2 choice--or that they filled the job from within...oh the list goes on as does the trial. Just count your blessings and try to focus on the positive and every now and then allow yourself to wallow in self pity (but not for too long!)and then shake it off and go on--I am there with ya sista--much love your way!
Post a Comment