Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sometimes change can be very hard!!!

Corey recently went to an interview for a company called Ameriflight.
Well they offered him a job and therefore our lives will be changing in the not to near but near future!!
If things go as planned he will start his training on Jan. 9th and we will be probably be moving sometime in March. This is a very hard choice we have had to make but I know it is for the best for Corey's carrer.
I tried to explain to Dallin the other day that we would be moving and what that meant and he had a total meltdown. He cried for the longest time and said he didn't want to go anywhere and that he liked it here. When Corey asked him what was wrong he responded by saying, "Mommy said something bad!"
I think the hardest part for me will be leaving all my family and friends. Another hard part will be leaving this home we have built together. It's not the same house we moved into, we have done so much to it to change it and make it ours and now we will be leaving it, renting it to someone else and hoping that they will love it and take care of it like we do. It sounds terrible but I think the thing I will miss the most in our home is our kitchen. We just remodeled it and I loveit cause it is my kitchen. Looking at houses for rent in different locations has made me realize how spoiled I am to have my kitchen and now I'm not sure I can survive with out a nice open kitchen. May be vain but once you've had something open and inviting going to a dark closed hallway of a kitchen just seems depressing!! I told my mom one good thing about moving is that I will get to decorate a new house again, but then I thought about my house and I love how I have it decorated and I wouldn't want it different. Plus since we will be renting out our house I am going to have to paint over all my colors and make it neutral for renters. And that means the WHOLE house because I have painted everything. Sad day!!!
So for now we will just wait to find out where we will be moving to. They have given us 3 different locations that we could possibly move, Buffalo, NY, Omaha, NE, and Dallas, TX. I am hoping and praying for Dallas! It's close enough that I could drive home if I needed to.
So wish us luck that we will get Dallas for my sake!!!

6 comments:

Whitney said...

Could you guys stay in Mesa if he is based somewhere else like you did before? I can definitely understand not wanting to leave your home, especially your kitchen. Also, you may not need to paint everything for renters. I would ask people who are interested. If I were renting your house, I would want you to keep the paint the way it is.

Whitney said...

Oh! Congrats on the job! Ha!

Jen said...

That is going to be such an adventure.
I am going to miss you so much!!!
Fingers crossed for Dallas!

The Milliron Family said...

What a fun adventure, but I am sooo sad you have to leave : (

Jennie said...

Congrats to Corey! I bet he is exciting. And I TOTALLY know how you feel about a icky kitchen. The kitchen makes it or breaks it for me in looking into a home to buy or rent (since we're in that phase somewhat right now as we're hoping for Spokane).

No need to paint your house, the renters can paint it if they want, and then it'll be out of their pocket and the way the want anyway (with maybe color permission from you first).

Too bad those choices aren't near any of our choices, so we could live closer to each other. But we'll be praying for Dallas for you!

Anonymous said...

We hope you move to Dallas, too! That's where we are living right now, that would be awesome!