Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Day Off...

Well my husband ordered me out of the house yesterday and told me not to come home until it was dinner time. He had even arranged for my mother to come pick me up and take me away.
He told me that it was mandatory that I take a day to relax and that he would hold down the fort while I was away. So my mom came and picked me up and he handed me some money and said have fun.
Man I loved it!!!!
First my mom and I headed out to lunch and enjoyed just hanging out together for a while. Then she droped me off at the nail salon so I could get my much needed pedicure, that is what the money was for. She had some shopping to do so she left me and I enjoyed the peace and quiet while I was pampered!! I took the Ensign with me to get a little spiritual enlightenment and I read the talk on Children. I love that talk!!! I listened to it like 3 times during conference while watching it online and got the same good feelings reading it!! I love the line,

"To a righteous father, there are no words sufficient to express the gratitude and love he feels for his wife's incalculable gift of bearing and caring for their children."

Every time I heard that or even read it I get teary eyed.

After I was done getting my nails done we headed back to my mom's house and I enjoyed just hanging out with no responsibilities.
Later she took me home and I was so happy to come home to a clean house, a husband that had take our three kids to the store by himself to get things for dinner and the same dinner he later prepared for the missionaries that we fed last night. He cleaned up dinner took care of the kids got them ready for bed and gave me a back massage.
It was a wonderful day and I felt so great!! My body was very relaxed and I was kinda thinking maybe this end of the pregnancy stuff isn't so bad!!
He spoiled me very well and I am so grateful for it!!
Blue nails for the boys!!


4 comments:

Liz said...

You've got yourself a great guy! :)

Leticia Clarkson said...

So glad you got a day to relax. Beautiful pics in the previous posts and AWESOME diaper bag! You're so neat!!

Jen said...

Awesome! So glad you have a great family to spoil you.
Good job Corey!

Meghan and Randy said...

yeah good job Corey! You look beautiful, Kari! Glad you were able to spend time with your mom uninterrupted.