Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Blog Addiction...

You know your a blog addict when...
You check your blog AT LEAST once a day...
Your thoughts are constantly 'oh that would be a good post'...
and so much more.
My husband is getting pretty upset with me these days because I can not seem to stay away from the computer because all I want to do is blog. This is not entirely true. I do take care of my kids and they are always fed and dressed, well, maybe not always dressed but who's kids are always dressed when your just at home? I play with them, we go to play group, we go on trips with daddy. So I am not ALWAYS on the computer. I guess I just see this as a very fun journal. I love blogging because I know someday when we can afford it, I will get it printed out and have it as our family journal type thing. I just wish I didn't get the third degree every time I go to post something new. I usually post when the babies are napping or after they go to bed at night. I might be over doing it but I know my mom loves reading it, and it keeps all my family on the other side of the country updated (daily) on what and how we are doing. And maybe I don't need to do it everyday but we are supposed to write in a journal daily aren't we. I'm not really good at writting in a journal but I'm good at doing this daily so... and I can do it pretty quickly so I don't really see the issue. I know I could just call my family and tell them what's been going on but after 500 min's on the phone that is gonna start costing us. Plus nobody wants to call me and talk to me every day so this is my way of updating everyone daily and they can see it when they want to. I mean, Corey I am here ALONE. I have two babies but they can't hold a conversation and as hard as I am trying I just haven't found any friends here that I feel comfortable enough with. So this is my escape. Leave me alone and let me have my fun. (He'll appreciate it someday when we can look back at all the fun and interesting things we did!)

3 comments:

Jen said...

I also use to get in trouble for blogging too much also. I have cut back quit a bit and usually check daily, post 2-3 times weekly, and only surf once weekly.
It can be an addiction if you are not careful, but i do understand that family appreciates it especially when you are living so far away.
Maybe just cut back a little to make Corey happy.
Good Luck! Luv ya !

Dustin said...

I know exactly how you feel. It is much easier to blog than write in a journal!! You aren't the only one, I check mine daily as well!!

mom of fab five said...

I hear ya sista--i have been accused of loving the computer more than i love my hubby--by my hubby. The real funny thing is that i found out he is a LURKER. He was the one that came down and told me about Cory accusing you of a "posting problem" HEHE I think it is a great outlet and i also am using mine as a form of a journal--i have been the worst about writing over the years but enjoy this outlet. We need to stick together!!! With little ones it is either this or a straight jacket and this is a much cheaper form of therapy. Keep it up--I love seeing how your little family is growing.