Saturday, May 17, 2008

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

Just a chill'n in the hotel room.
We decided that the last trip we took with Corey on mother's day was so much fun we would try it again. Let's just say all trips are not the same. We did enjoy our time with Corey very much but I think everything else was a pretty big bummer compared to the last trip. It's a lesson I'm trying to learn, stop comparing things!!!Well This is how it all started... I got up around 7am Friday morning to get the last of the things ready and by 8am we were out the door. Why you ask... cause I was doing this trip completely solo. I wanted to give myself enough time to park the car, get the kids together, catch the shuttle, get the tickets, get through security and to our gate for the flight that left at 10:50am. That was a plethora of time! TOO much time. We were through security by 9am I believe and had more than 2 hours to wait since the plane ended up being late. So we walked around the airport several times, made LOTS of new friends all of which wouldn't share their coffee with my begging son so I ended up getting a jamba juice, which was a good thing cause he actually learned how to suck out of a straw. Then finally the plane got there, Corey got off and found out that there were 5 seats available and we were numbers 5 and 6 on the stand by list. Yeah, we weren't gonna make it on the plane after all. I was pretty calm about the whole situation look on the brighter side, at least we got out of the house right? Anyways, it kinda pays to be the pilots wife cause we got on the plane. This is another whole level of stress that I enjoy putting myself through. I've kinda got a routine down so it all goes pretty smooth, but it's always nice when someone offers to help. So I get on the plane and right as I'm stepping on the plane the flight attendant stops me and asks what seats I'm sitting in (she doesn't know I'm Corey's wife yet) I tell her and she tells me to sit on the other side of the plane since there are more oxygen masks on that side since I have the lap child. Ok... so I'm going down the aisle carrying Dallin, another nice lady was carrying Bryant and this extremely GROUCHY!!! flight attendant barks at me and the NICE lady holding Bryant and says "you guys can't sit together there aren't enough oxygen masks". Of course we know this and we know what we are doing so we kindly tell her, "no these are both my boys, she is just helping me to my seat, I have a seat and he has a seat and this one will be on my lap" then... (it gets better) she barks again "well how old is he' 'one and a half' 'oh he can't be in his own seat he has to has a car seat if he's gonna have his own seat" I didn't know what I was gonna do. I kinda felt so silly cause she was making such a big deal about it and making such a scene so I got in my row and was trying to think what I would do. Then the lady sitting in front of me, who I had been talking to in the airport and she was gooing over my boys said that she would hold Bryant for me during the flight. Thank you lady!!! She was awesome!! I'm so glad that I have good kids too cause if they weren't good flyer's I probably would have just got off the plane. But right before we took off Bryant feel asleep and right as we were landing he woke up. But back to the mean flight attendant. She kept coming back and telling me the same thing, and then she asked me if I had bought a seat for him. I told her I was stand by and she got a very disgusted look on her face and started to walk away and then turned around again and asked if I was non rev, and of course I told her yes. Ok lady I got it!!! Funny thing is I just flew last week the same way and had NO problem. Oh well, she just kept being rude to me and everyone around me was feeling bad for me cause of how she was treating me and all I could do was smile, to bad for her she's not a happy person. And then all of a sudden she comes back with a big smile on her face and says "I didn't know you were Corey's wife." I didn't think it should make a difference. If anything she should be nicer to paying customers. Oh well, she tried to be my buddy after that but first impressions sure do a lot!!! Anyways we got to Pennsylvania and it was super cold and raining out, so we weren't able to do anything outside. Bummer. We went to a chinese buffet to eat ( with the crabby flight attendants) and had fun with Dallin. Then we spent the rest of the night in the hotel. We had to get up at 4 am to get the 4:30am shuttle to the airport if I was gonna make it back on the flight with Corey but the shuttle doesn't start until 5am. So we got up extra early for nothing, and I felt bad cause Corey didn't get a whole lot of sleep because Dallin doesn't sleep well in bed with us. So I did make it on his flight, again pays to be a pilots wife. The crabby flight attendant told that she would let Dallin have his own seat just this once to be nice. (Corey tried to find in the rule book where it says they have to be in a car seat until 2 but couldn't find it anywhere so who knows it might be a rule it might not) How nice of her, then she came back to me a little later before the plane took off and asked if I was gonna be ok, and I told her in a very peppy tone "YUP I do this all the time." I mean hello my life is a constant with these two babies, I can handle a very easy hour on a plane with the kids that just fall asleep anyways. So that was our fun trip to Pennsylvania in a very BIG nut shell. Enjoy these pic's and the SUPER funny videos of Dallin.

Yea we're here(this is Bryant on the bed at the hotel)

Dallin found the shower cap. Oh yeah his diaper was so full after we got off the plane it wet his pants. Another highlight of the trip.
At the chinese place they had squid and frog legs, I wanted to have Dallin try them but you'll see why he wouldn't later.
See, the kid was half asleep. It was so funny, I'm laughing right now as I look at this picture!
And he's out!!

Then we got back to the hotel and they had warm, fresh out of the oven cookies in the lobby and Dallin enjoyed it very much!!
We were trying to find things to do in the hotel room, here is Dallin playing with the clock he knocked on the ground.
Here is Corey glued to his computer.
Bryant reading a book.
Dallim reading the same book.
Then in the morning this is where we found Dallin. He is such a silly kid!!

These are too funny!!




I love it!! I'm might be a mean mommy but I know you enjoyed watching these too!!

2 comments:

mom of fab five said...

Dallin reminds me of Jake--he used to fall asleep eating alot. It is so funny. If you ever have another rude flight attendant-- i would just ask her if she always treats people traveling with children that way--or were you just special beacause you had two? Or maybe you could say--DO you just not like children? Or do I look like i need you to rain on my parade? Rude people make me CRAZY--and then to suck up when she found out you were the pilots wife.....

Jennie said...

Oh that poor little thing! Dallin was so tired! I can't believe he was still willing to eat even though he was forcing himself to keep his eyes open!

What a nightmare flight attendant. That makes me laugh to see her sucking up to you after she found out that you're the pilot's wife!!