Ok so I have a MAJOR problem. I am getting NO sleep because of my wonderful kidos. It may be partly my fault but they don't usually nap at the same time of day so I don't ever get to take a nap, which really isn't that much a issue for me cause I'm not much of a nap person myself, but... When you don't get any sleep at night, to function correctly you almost need to take a nap. My lovely second son is a MAJOR pill at night. Just recently, like since Corey left on Thursday, it has gotten a whole lot worse!!! Thursday night he went to bed around 8:30 and After Dallin went to bed around 9:00 I did a few things and went to bed. At 11:00pm Bryant was up doing his usual grunting, squirmy thing. It wouldn't be bad if that's all it was but it gets out of control and he is squirming so much and so uncomfortable if I'm not trying to do something to fix it he will scream. So from 11:00pm until 7:30am every hour just about if not sooner I was trying to readjust him to keep him comfortable so that we both could get what little sleep possible. Then at 7:30 I had just about had enough and wasn't fixing the problem fast enough or well enough anymore so he was screaming and woke his brother up, who then had a horrible day cause he didn't get all the sleep he needed. Dallin is funny, he can and almost needs at least 12 hours of sleep every night. Anyways so yesterday was pretty hard. Then last night Bryant went to bed around 8:00pm and Dallin at 9:00pm and I was thinking YES!!! I can go to bed early (at least until 11:00 when Bryant will wake up again) but no... Bryant must have sensed that I put Dallin down to bed cause he got up at 9:00pm ahhh!!! And the whole thing started over. What the heck? Why is he doing this? I know it has to be something to do with his stomach but what??? I have tried a few things, I stopped having anything dairy in my diet that seemed to help for a while and still does just not at night. I try keeping him up more during the day, doesn't matter he still falls asleep at 8:00 or 8:30 every night. I have tried giving him Mylicon for gas, doesn't seem to do anything. I have tried giving him Lactose free formula to see if that helps (I've only tried this a few times and I'm gonna try to do formula only today) but so far no luck. I am starting to lose it and I need sleep and I really don't know what to do. We went to the doctor on wed. and told him about this and mentioned that sometimes he sounds congested at night when he sleeps but there is nothing in his nose. This has actually only happened a few times and I'm positive it's not the problem, but the doctor focused only on the congestion and not the tummy problem. I'm kinda mad at myself because I shouldn't have even mentioned that part but now all I know is how to fix the nasal problem and nothing about this darn tummy problem! If anyone has any advise or thinks they might know what is going on I would love to hear!!! Please help me!!!
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Kari, try stopping to burp more frequently when nursing to help get more air bubbles out. I'd call the La Leche League to get some good advice and breastfeeding support. I'm sorry! Sleep is so important! :( I hope he starts doing better soon!
Post a Comment