Well on Saturday afternoon Corey had a two hour lay over in Charlotte so the boys and I met up with him for lunch. After playing a while in this super cool grass field I got a crazy idea. We should see if we could get on the plane with Corey. This is so not like me at all. I have a fear of being spontaneous. I have to have a plan, I need to be prepared but I thought why the heck not? I know it is bad to not go to church but I really wanted to be with Corey on my mother's day so we did it. There we plenty of seats and we got on with no problems. As I was getting on the plane I think I had just a few anxiety attacks: did I leave anything on at the house? was I cooking something?(of course I wasn't, but silly me that's just the kinda things I worry about) did I have any commitments that I am forgetting about? and the list goes on. Nothing bad usually happens but I am such a worry wort that I drive myself insane!! Then I got to really thinking... and I know this is gross but I hadn't showered since Thursday and I was dirty and Dallin was a mess from lunch and... what was I thinking as the plane takes off...I only have 5 stink'n diapers, ahhh!! So much for spontaneous. This is why I need a plan. Oh well we made the best of it and had a blast. Here are a few pictures of our trip to Atlanta Georgia.
This is the "super cool grass field" I mentioned
*No diapers
*Washing Dallin's and my clothes in the tub to have somewhat clean clothes for the next day
*Dinner at 10:00pm at a VERY scary Mexican restaurant with 2 babies (funny story about that-- I ordered the only thing that looked like it didn't have any dairy but it did come with jalapenos. I didn't want to eat the jalapenos since I'm nursing and I didn't want that to be spicy for Bryant since he has enough problems to deal with. So I took the jalapenos out and put them in a bowl and put them to the side. Well we were almost done with dinner and we looked over at Dallin and he was making this weird moaning noises. He had put a jalapeno in his mouth and found out how hot it was. I quickly got it out and gave him a bunch of water and some ice. He never cried just kept his tongue out and panted like a dog for a while.)
* Walking 2 miles back to the hotel from Walmart because we HAD to get diapers.
* Walking 2 miles back to the hotel from Walmart because we HAD to get diapers.
* And best of all SPENDING IT ALL WITH THE BOYS I LOVE MOST!!! A wonderful mother's day after all!
(and i did learn that I can fly on my own with two babies. I may look incredibly ridiculous but I can do it!!! As I was getting on the plane to come home tonight I had Dallin on one hip, Bryant on the other, my bag on my back, blanket and sling over my shoulder and I was the last person to get on the plane so this little plane that was competely packed, not a single seat open, was all there to see me walk down the little isle! I loved it! Every one was just watching in either aww or disgust but either way their expressions were priceless. I am starting to love being the mom of two boys that are 11 months apart. even though it gets hard A LOT of the time, it sure is fun to see and hear peoples response when the see and find out how close they are. And my favorite... "my you sure have your hands full!" Yup, and it's great!!!
I LOVE BEING A MOM!!!
This is a video of Bryant seeing himself in the mirror for the first time I think. He thought it was pretty funny!






3 comments:
Kari,
I'm just so glad that you got to sort of spend Mother's Day with Corey--I think that is important. DId you just go and come back the next day? Sounds like a fun trip and in today's day and age of stores everywhere, who need to pack the diapers right?
wow the atlanta airport with two kids!!! That is a crazy airport--HUGE. Good for you to be spontaneous!!
How fun Kari. I am glad you got to spend time with your whole family. You are such a great Mom and your kiddos are so cute.
Post a Comment