Tuesday, February 23, 2010

FHE and so much more...

So, we've been having some obedience problems with our eldest son. I think that comes with the age, at least I hope so! And I hope he grows out of it! I talked to Corey about it and he suggested that I make something with them. Something to eat maybe, something with a few ingredients that the boys could do by themselves, with the instructions from mommy, and that they would see that following directions brings great rewards. So for FHE we had a lesson on reverence, for church of course, and one on obedience. Then I made up a recipe of pictures of the cookies they were going to make by following mommy and daddy's directions. They were allowed to do it by themselves, of course they needed a little help, and then they were able to eat the cookies when they were done. They enjoyed it very much, however I'm not so sure it helped with the listening to mommy and daddy thing, but we'll keep trying. I was a great idea and I think they will learn.
Here is my picture recipe. with all the ingredients pre-measured because 2 and 3 year olds don't have a lot of patience.
Here is Daddy explaining the directions.
Cracking the eggs, oh what fun!!
The end result, yummy cookies, they turned out wonderful!!!
And now for the so much more...
this past weekend the boys and I, including Max the dog, headed up to Eagar. We were in need of a road trip and a get away from our lovely home so we bombarded the Whiting residence. It was tons of fun!
Bryant really wanted a hat on his coat so he made one.
Silly kid!!!
My cute soon to be sister in law Deana, love her!!
Cute Asher baby!!!
Oh look more cute Asher baby!
Silly Bryant striking a pose.
On Presidents Day we took a hike over at the San Tan Mountains. It was tons of fun and the boys actually did really good hiking, even though you can't tell from this photo.
Family Photo
On Valentine's Day we went over to Corey's brothers house for dinner. Asher met his cousin Cashen, who is 3 days older than him. But Asher is probably 2-3 lbs heavier.
And Cashen is a little mini-me of his father. It is so cute!!!
So that's about it for now!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

You guys are so good at letting the boys help.Good FHE Idea.
The hiking pic cracks me up- You guys have kids strapped all over you:) LOVE IT!

Katrena said...

Enzo has struggled with reverence too so I'd say it's the age and testing limits. I give him a couple warnings and then take him out to a quiet room by ourselves if he doesn't change his behavior/become more reverent. He has to sit in the chair and be still by himself for three minutes. I hold him tight until he's ready to do it. It takes and took along time, sometimes involves tears, but after maybe a month to a month and a half he finally caught on and now does better and we can make it through Sacrament Mtg quiety more often. You may need help when Cory is gone since it will be hard to do this will two other little ones, but it may be worth a try. Good luck!

Cute boys! You are one hard working mommy!