Today I was talking to my husband about something that may be silly to many...
Well I took some of our new neighbors brownies tonight with the boys for FHE. After that we went to the park... I had Bryant in the stroller and Dallin on my shoulders.... So we get there and I put Dallin on the play gym and thought oh that's kinda weird my neck is kinda wet... So I look at Dallin and he pants are wet, hmmm... Yup he had a horrible poopy diaper, and now it was all over my neck too, gross!! Just as I was getting him off the play gym I noticed a super cool Radio Flyer that the people at the park had (these people just happen to be my nice Russian next door neighbors that speak very, very little English)... Now let me back up a little. After we got back from Arizona I couldn't find Dallin "Super Cool Radio Flyer bike" that Corey and I had bought him. I know we had it the day we left for Arizona cause we played with it at the park... Fast forward now... Yes you guessed it it was our Radio Flyer that they had. My heart sunk into my stomach because I really really loved that Radio Flyer. But with poop all over my neck and tears almost in my eyes from the sadness that I felt when I saw these other kids owning MY radio flyer I couldn't do anything. I sat there for a second and tried to convince myself that maybe they need it more than we do. But this is not the case, they have tons of bikes!! So I left the park again with poop on my neck, and headed home. I called my dad and he said I should just tell them what happened but I was way to scared to say anything, the language barrier is kinda hard. So then I talked to Corey and he said I should just tell them what happened. Oh how I wish one of those men were here to do this seemingly hard task (to me) for me. But they weren't and I didn't say anything so now my neighbors have my kids bike and I wish I had the confidence to go say something. That is what Corey and I talked about. How I don't think I have the confidence I wish I had. Then I read a friends blog and today she had a single post devoted to confidence. She is amazing. I appreciate her so much because many times things she has written have helped me in my day. So now I am contemplating whether or not I'll go ask them for my bike back...
Maybe I'll wait til tomorrow, I'll have Corey go with me, I'll do the talking and he'll be there for support. Small steps... It's a hard thing to overcome you know...






1 comment:
It will totally be hard, i'm the same way.
Just pray & fast if needed so you will have the spirit w/ you when you go over.
p.s. love love love the dress- do you make it in Katelyn's size. Ha Ha!
Post a Comment