Sunday, June 8, 2008

Salt Lake City

My mom and I went to Salt Lake this past weekend to go to my cousin's wedding. It was a very neat experience being in the Salt Lake Temple. That was my first time to ever go in that temple. I was my cousin's escort if that's what you call it, while she got ready for her sealing and everything. It was so fun and exciting. Her mom asked me the night before if I would go and be with her instead of herself doing it, and of course I was willing. I was a little early there and she was a little late so while I waited I thought a lot about my wedding, almost 3 years ago. It was so neat to see the difference between the two temples and everything. Salt Lake is probably one of the business temples ever and Snowflake is probably not quite that busy. I'm sure for those who are married in the Salt Lake Temple it is a very special and spiritual time and experience for them. However I just thought I must be one of the LUCKIEST people on this earth to have had the most special day ever in the temple on my wedding day. It was so incredibly busy in the Salt Lake Temple and I believe they said there were 72 sealings being performed that day. On the day I was sealed I was the one and only bride. It just made me realize how special it was, for just me and Corey. It was our day. We were the only ones to have that experience in those sacred places all to ourselves. I never thought how cool that was and I never realized that it was any different until I saw the Salt Lake Temple this past weekend. So many brides, so much craziness, so much commotion. Now I don't know how the brides themselves felt but having had a totally different experience I can say I would much rather have the peaceful, non-crazy, slow going, extra time taken just for me experience for sure!! With all that said... here are a few pictures from our trip! Enjoy!!!
This is a beautiful picture my mom took of the temple! This is the happy new couple just as they came out of the temple. I just love seeing new brides and grooms. However, this whole experience has made me miss my hubby more than ever. We haven't seen each other for over a week now. I'm dieing!!
This is my mom and Bryant on the plane ride there.
This was us eating at Denny's after we got there on Friday.
Bryant didn't want to stay in his car seat, "Let me out mom!!"
This was us waiting outside my aunt's house.
Grandma Mary and "The Boys"
Dallin playing with the dogs, looks pretty scary I know Ahhh!!!
Grandma Mary and Dallin waiting outside the temple.
This is what Dallin kept trying to do at the reception. Silly kid!!
Mommy with her hands full, and love'n it (for the moment)
I love how Dallin his looking at me and Bryant is looking at Dallin.
Great Grandpa, Uncle Steven, and Dallin
Mommy AGAIN with her hands full outside the temple.
So that was our trip minus a few thing I care not to mention, don't ask. And now we're home and all is well. Hopefully we will be able to catch up on some sleep!!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

What?? Don't ask??? Now you made me curious--you will have to tell me later! Love the pictures of the temple--I love that temple--we went through we when first got married and it was really a neat experience. See ya soon!

mom of fab five said...

cute hair! I remember the look on yours and Cory's faces the day you were married. Such JOY and love in both of your eyes. I am so glad that we got to be there with you in the temple--wOW has it only been three years. My how time flies and things change.

Jen said...

I love weddings! They are so amazing and i'm being selfish, but i really do benefit from them because it reminds me of what Scott & I have together & reminds us of our special day.

I'm so glad you have fun!

Bishop Family said...

hey your using the sling i made you! i hope you like it. I can't beleive you hold both of those boys at the same time you have got to be so strong. i bet you could beat me at arm wrestling.