Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Water and Dress up, Oh what fun!!!

Dallin had decided he loves to be outside no matter what the temperature may be. The past couple days to survive the heat we have been playing with the garden hose. This has actually been a very fun bonding time for me and him. I never knew I could enjoy being outside in this heat so much. He has tons of fun spraying me with the hose and I have tons of fun staying cool. Yesterday we played for a while and I let him get me wet and then sat in the lawn chair while he continued to play in the water and in no time I was all dry again. Wow it's amazing! It's like a huge dryer outside. Anyways... today I thought what the heck I'm putting my suit on and we're getting the slip and slide out. Dallin absolutely loved this!! We played for so long on it. I put Bryant in the walker next to the slide and then I would run to the slide with Dallin running at me and I would slide and catch Dallin half way and he would slide the rest of the way with me. The look in his eyes was so awesome. I felt like the coolest mom ever!!! It totally makes my now cut up knees and sore wrist all worth it!! I could do this everyday. After we were done playing I called Corey to tell him what an awesome mom Dallin thought I was. He was pretty proud of me I think. It's not like me to do such "adventurous" things. I told him I can't wait til we have a house so that we can have our own slip and slide and play on it everyday in our own yard. Well, after playing on the slide I brought the boys in the house and took Dallin's diaper off and he then decided to take a nice leak on the floor. Oh well, what boy doesn't like to take a leak where it's not appropriate? We'll have to work on that one. So after all is said and done we had a very good afternoon. Now here are a few pictures of our "adventure".

Dallin kept almost drowning himself in the water coming out of the end of the tube. But he loved it!!
This was Bryant, my mom and I being silly with a mouse nose. Bryant was too cute in it and me and my mom are not so hot!!
See what I mean, really stink'n cute and...
yup...
not so hot!!!

This was the other night Dallin kept putting hats on all of us. He was to funny with the hats!! I love that little boy. He makes me laugh all the time.

Bryant just adores his older brother. He is always watching him and learning new things from him. I think someday Dallin will be convincing Bryant to do terrible things just cause he can because Bryant will want to be cool for his brother, I'm so scared!!
I love you Dallin!!!
This hat was actually on my head. It's kinda funny cause it doesn't really look like it. It kinda looks like it's floating. ooooohhh, spooky!
(it's kinda sad cause it makes my head look so dang small!!) And just a little something that I, being the mom of Dallin Michael, am proud to say, He has said his first real sentence!! Now if you know my son and the situation we are in (and I'm not really sure what to do about it) he doesn't speak AT ALL, not even mama or dada. It is kinda upsetting to me but I am proud of him because he has been learning sign language very well. Some of the few signs he knows are:
-more
-thank you
-(his own version of) please
-food
-drink
So not a very long list but it's the basics and the most necessary ones right. Well the other day at breakfast me and my mom and Dallin were all eating together and in sign language he said... "Please more food".
Me and my mom went crazy and he thought it was so funny he just kept saying food, food, food. Probably cause after he finished saying food we went crazy. But anyways that's my proud moment as a mom. Now hopefully we can try to get the boy to start saying verbal words. I long to hear the word "mama".

6 comments:

Jen said...

Gotta love dressup! Oh what fun!

Jennie said...

Love the mouse nose on Bryant! Glad you were spontaneous and had some fun with Dallin!

Dallin is so cute signing his first sentence! He really is the sweetest boy!

Carolyn said...

That mouse picture is AWESOME--he remids me of Fievel in An American Tale--and yes, you are a VERY cool mom for doing that--thanks for the reminder of what it is all about!

mom of fab five said...

Way cool that he is signing. Sheli said he knew more words than Alex--i am sure the language will come--jake was a slow talker--boys sometimes are. And you know i compeletly understand the not talking thing--we still have moments of frustration--Alex wants so bad to talk and be understood--it will happen just be patient cuz once they start sometimes you can't get them to be quiet (ie:ryan)

mom of fab five said...

Hey i wanted to see the video from the slip and slide--what your not sharing that adventure--i can only imagine what that sight must have looked like with Bryant wondering what was going on

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

You are looking so amazing BTW!